Dota Hero Killing

Endless_Trev

Reaction score
Ok ive been working on my own dota template for a while now, but i recently wanted to try and change the message displayed for a hero kill, but i cant seem to find it. Ive looked through all the triggers and i cant see it. Am I just blind or am I missing something? Im using the first dota template, version 1.0

Finestdeath

Reaction score
You mean this?

Event
Unit - A unit Dies
Condition
((Triggering unit) is a Hero) Equal to True
Actions
Game - Display to (All Players) the text: Blah blah

You might have to change the action part abit though if you want to add in who killed who.

icepig01

Reaction score
Ok ive been working on my own dota template for a while now, but i recently wanted to try and change the message displayed for a hero kill, but i cant seem to find it. Ive looked through all the triggers and i cant see it. Am I just blind or am I missing something? Im using the first dota template, version 1.0

I'm not sure whether is this your point?
::> Dota Templates, do not have the exactly triggers like you play in Real DotA now.

So you need to create the 'hero kill' trigger by yourself or look for the trigger in hiveworkshop.

{{Is my answer/opinion correct?}}

Endless_Trev

Reaction score
I'm not sure whether is this your point?
::> Dota Templates, do not have the exactly triggers like you play in Real DotA now.

So you need to create the 'hero kill' trigger by yourself or look for the trigger in hiveworkshop.

{{Is my answer/opinion correct?}}

Well not really. The game already displays a 'X has killed Y' game hint, indicating that there is a trigger like that, but I can't find it.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
pretty easy solution.
we cant help you.
ask the author of that template map where his trigger is or search it more carefully.

icepig01

Reaction score
pretty easy solution.
we cant help you.
ask the author of that template map where his trigger is or search it more carefully.

I dont think so you can contact the author anymore, besides nobody willing to put the triggers because some mappers dont like the trigger settings.

get what i mean?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.