Dota - Tauren Chieftain Ancestral Spirits Spell

TheDeadFight

Reaction score
Can someone help me to create dota allstars, tauren chieftain ancestral spirits spell ?

skill-1.jpg

The Tauren Chieftain sends forth his guardian ancestor to bring ruin upon his foes. While separate from the Chieftain, the spirit will mimic his movement and damage any unit it passes through. When it rejoins the Chieftain, it grants him bonus damage and movement speed for each enemy it has struck.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I think it actually mimics the left<->right movement but moves in the exact opposite manner when moving up<->down.

I'm not too sure about that^ but I know that it doesn't mimic it perfectly.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Could you give more information about the spell than that?
I can't visualise that the spell does from that description.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Could you possibly describe what happens yourself, instead of just posting tooltips and brief descriptions from other websites?

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Ok. Here's what I know from playing Tauren Chieftan.

Caster = the Caster
Image = the transparent, yellow tauren that appears.

* Caster casts Ancestral Spirit at a point
* The image appears at that point, instantly hurting any units around him.
* Note that he can only hurt a unit once...so it's not a DoT.
* When the caster moves towards the Image, the image moves towards the caster, so the caster can merge prematurely if he wants to. (Vice Versa as well, move away, it moves away)
* When the caster moves sideways in relation to the Image, the image copies his movement. By relative I mean:
[noparse]
---------Image--------
--------------X-------
----------------X-----
---Caster-------------
---------X------------
-----------X---------
[/noparse]
^ X's indicate the movement of the caster and the mimicked movement by the image.
* Once a certain timer expires, the image runs towards the caster at around 1.5 to 2 times the speed of normal movement. He still damages any new units in the way.
* When the image reaches the caster they merge, giving the caster extra damage + speed etc.

Hope that's a valid enough description.

reyghost

Reaction score
It creates an ethereal copy of the tauren,no collision,unclickable,etc.When passin trhough units it will damage them and based on how many units passed will grant bonus damage and ms to the caster when it restursn to him.The movement he describes is casters one but "mirror-ed".It also grants vision.
Better?

Edit:gah im slow....

The Undaddy

Creating with the power of rage
Reaction score
What it does is create a spirit at the target location,then (I'm just guessing but I'm pretty sure that's what happens) takes the middle point between the caster and the spirit,and all movements by the casting hero are mirrored towards that point by the spirit.

X--------|--------x

X-caster
x-spirit

Edit: cool,66 posts to go

avalya

Reaction score
It will also mimic another one of his abilities, Echo Stomp.

It is a channeled spell (1.4 seconds) after that it's finished it will deal damage in an area an stun all affected targets (about 500-600 AOE), so the spirit will also perform this spell, at his location if they are separated (each stomp deals 80 damage I think and if they are not separated -- the Tauren Chieftain has no spirit out, he will do both stomps himself, with the green tauren spirit stomping at his location though).

TheDeadFight

Reaction score
@avalya

echo stomp its easy spell maybe ?

i think there are 2 variable to ancestral spirits. (First for movement copy, and second for echo stomp).

example :

JASS:
local unit AncestralSpirits=GetLastCreatredUnit()

and for echo stomp dummy
JASS:
set udg_AncestralEchoStompDummy=GetLastCreatedUnit()

now echo stomp dummy triggers.

* Check casting unit
* Ability check
* Actions :

Unit add echo stomp to echo stomp dummy
Unit order AncestralEchoStompDummy to cast - Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp

And ...

i cant make Ancestral Spirits >.<

Could you possibly describe what happens yourself, instead of just posting tooltips and brief descriptions from other websites?

i dont understand about jass. I think icefrog was jenious can make spell like that, i want to learn it. My explanation :

Tauren chieftian cast target point spell. So, it create images of chieftain or we call it DUMMY. When tauren chieftain go back, the images go back to. When tauren chieftain go left, the images go left to. And etc. But the image potition is same. Ex :

-----------------------
-----------------------
---------Image--------
-----------------------
-----------------------
---Caster--------------
-----------------------
-----------------------

When go back :

-----------------------
-----------Image------
-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------
--Caster---------------
-----------------------

When go to the front :

------------------------
------------------------
----------Image------
------------------------
------------------------
----Caster-----------
------------------------
-----------------------

And when the dummy merge with the chieftain, its make the images dissepear. Increase damage and MS equal to units touched by the dummy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.