Draenei/Ogre Spell Ideas

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
After my Rifleman Assassin/Hunter spell ideas thread (many thanks to all that helped), this time I need another ideas, but for a Draenei and an Ogre. Currently, the Draenei hero has these abilities:

Backslash - Whenever the Draenei Assassin attacks an enemy from behind, he deals a certain amount of damage.

Assassin's Frenzy - Whenever the Draenei Assassin kills an enemy unit, he gains extra 15% attack speed and 20% movement speed. Lasts 15 seconds.

Swift Strike - The Draenei Assassin keep slashing a target enemy unit, so that it cannot move or attack and takes damage per second.

The Ogre hero doesn't have a single one.

I need five ideas, one for the Draenei (3 levels spell) and four for the Ogre.

+REP to the best ideas:

Lightstalker

Reaction score
Ogre:

- Bash: the Ogre uses all his strength to swing his massive club, stunning the enemy for X seconds and knocking him back.

- Frenzy: the Ogre becomes enraged causing him to become reckless, but attack faster and with increased strength.

If it's a two-headed Ogre, I have some more ideas :)

Lightstalker

Reaction score
Well... you could also have:

- Head replacement (Ultimate): with the Ogre's primary head killed, the second head takes over control of the body. (Basically like reincarnation, but not with full HP.)

and I forgot the other one lol

I'll post it when I remember.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Shadowstep: Teleports the Draenei Assassin to the position of an enemy, instantly dealing X damage to the target. In addition, the Assassin's movement speed is increased by 35% for 6 seconds.
(probably use Mass Teleport for the base spell, but no additional units and targets enemies instead of allies.)

Split: Splits the Twin-Headed Ogre in two, creating two one-headed ogres. These ogres are somewhat weaker than the original. After X second they are rejoined.
(Based on Storm, Earth, and Fire).

Rotten Smell: The ogre smells so horrible that his odor passes on to his enemies. However, they can't take such a bad stench and take damage.
(Based on Disease Cloud).

A

Aannon

Since the two headed Ogre is a hero, you could have have a bloodlust type spell (going back to WCII) but enclude three different levels. You could opt to either have it only castable on self, or branch it off to be used on other units. As for the "Split" idea of the other poster, I think its a great idea. You could have the ogre split into two seperate units, and have 1 unit be powerful melee, and the other cast say, firebolt and unholy frenzy. One ogre could represent physical strength and the other magic!

Z

Zair

Draenei- Some kind of poisoned blade attack. Does some damage, with an effect like the dryad's Slow Poison. Increase the damage and either the duration or intensity of the poison with each level.

Ogre- Some kind of tank ability. Passive additional armour, damage reduction, (er, by damage reduction I mean something like hardened skin, not sure that's the correct terminology for this game,) or a temporary ability that slows movement while giving a hefty increase in armour and/or DR.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Two-headed Ogre
Pummel

The Ogre sends a powerful strike to his opponent, knocking both of them back, the ogre being resistant to most impacts, takes half the damage, but stunning him momentarily.

Level 1 - 45 Strike Damage, 25 Impact (AoE) Damage, 120 Range Knockback. 0.75 Second Stun to Ogre.
Level 2 - 105 Strike Damage, 85 Impact (AoE) Damage, 180 Range Knockback. 1.00 Second Stun to Ogre.
Level 3 - 165 Strike Damage, 145 Impact (AoE) Damage, 240 Range Knockback. 1.25 Second Stun to Ogre.
Level 4 - 225 Strike Damage, 205 Impact (AoE) Damage, 300 Range Knockback. 1.50 Second Stun to Ogre.

Cooldown: 26/24/22/20
Mana Cost: 140

Note: The Ogre also deals 205 Impact damage to where he landed, the ogre gets damaged by both of the sources, Strike Damage, Impact Damage, but only take half the regular damage than the unit should. The target unit does not get stunned.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
For the draenei how about Inner Demon? (since eredar are draeneis). What it would do is be like metamorphosis only turn them into something like Archimonde maybe (or even just a red-tinted draenei...) and give them spells like lifestealing and immolation.

Z

Zair

Addendum to the ogre ability I suggested above- if a temporary ability, could also/instead increase HP.

While not being undead like the ghuols and abominations, ogres often eat human flesh in mythology. Perhaps a cannibalize-type ability. Can change the rate of HP return with level, or increase a cap. (that is, eating a corpse at level 1 returns 20 HP/sec, max of 100 HP per corpse, level 2 30 HP/sec, max of 200 HP per corpse, etc.)

Note on Dakho's splitting suggestion- Perhaps the two smaller ogres could have a noticeably faster attack and movement speed, being smaller and more agile.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Allow me to throw in some random ideas:
Dual Minded (passive)
The ogre has 2 heads. If one of these is hit by a negative spell, there will always be another head left, allowing the body to still function properly.
Level 1 - 10% magic reduction.
Level 2 - 15% magic reduction.
Level 3 - 20% magic reduction.
Level 4 - 25% magic reduction.

Charge
The ogre runs forwards and keeps increasing his speed. He puts all his weight into this one charge. The first unit he collides with is knocked back a certain distance, takes great damage, and is stunned for 2 seconds.
Level 1 - (0,2 x distance ran) in damage.
Level 2 - (0,3 x distance ran) in damage.
Level 3 - (0,4 x distance ran) in damage.
Level 4 - (0,5 x distance ran) in damage.

Note: Maximum distance ran is 1000, the ogre stops the charge after that distance.

Cosmic Shadowbuild
The draenai has a certain percent chance every attack to infuse the target enemy with dark energy. This dark energy reduces its armor by X for 10 seconds. These armor reductions stack.
Level 1 - 0,2 armor reduction, 5% chance.
Level 2 - 0,5 armor reduction, 10% chance.
Level 3 - 0,8 armor reduction, 15% chance.
Level 4 - 1,0 armor reduction, 20% chance.

Spiritual Rage
Greatly increases the draenai's attackspeed for a 5 seconds. Though the length of the rage is increased by every spell that is cast/activated/triggered within 400 range of the draenai or by the draenai himself.
Level 1 - 20% AS increase, 2 seconds increase for each spell.
Level 2 - 25% AS increase, 2,5 seconds increase for each spell.
Level 3 - 30% AS increase, 3 seconds increase for each spell.
Level 4 - 35% AS increase, 3,5 seconds increase for each spell.

Note: Critical strike, cosmic shadowbuild, purge, every type of ability or spell increases the duration.

Hope u like these, say and I'll make up more :D

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
For the ogre how about this? ;)

Infernus Gargantuus
The Ogre lights a fart on fire, damaging all units behind him with a blast of flames.
Level 1 - 50 damage and an additional 60 over 6 seconds.
Level 2 - 100 damage and an additional 80 over 8 seconds.
Level 3 - 150 damage and an additional 100 over 10 seconds. 25% Chance to stun for 1 second.
Level 4 - 200 damage and an additional 120 over 12 seconds. 25% Chance to stun for 1.5 seconds.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
For the ogre how about this? ;)

Infernus Gargantuus
The Ogre lights a fart on fire, damaging all units behind him with a blast of flames.
Level 1 - 50 damage and an additional 60 over 6 seconds.
Level 2 - 100 damage and an additional 80 over 8 seconds.
Level 3 - 150 damage and an additional 100 over 10 seconds. 25% Chance to stun for 1 second.
Level 4 - 200 damage and an additional 120 over 12 seconds. 25% Chance to stun for 1.5 seconds.

HAHAHAHAHA:D Super! Awsome! Original! idea havent seen an more original idea since "fountain of destruction", hahaha super good man your the best, +rep from me for the best idea long time... :thup:

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
What strikes me as funny about it is that it would be a really kick ass ability in an AoS... I mean, think about it, two heroes are chasing you down a lane you use this ability, stun them both and bring them down some HP, they take some tower hits and you turn around and use some other ability. Solo double kill!

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
What strikes me as funny about it is that it would be a really kick ass ability in an AoS... I mean, think about it, two heroes are chasing you down a lane you use this ability, stun them both and bring them down some HP, they take some tower hits and you turn around and use some other ability. Solo double kill!

Hmmmm... Maybe this ability will be used by me. (Note: MAYBE)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.