Dummy Casting Unit

pladams9

Seth's Good-Twin
Reaction score
As sort of a learning experience to me, I've been trying to get Starfall to cast Slow on all the units affected. Basically I've created (using a trigger) a dummy unit when Starfall is cast, and then that dummy unit casts Slow on all the units within range. This all works but I have a few questions:

1. What is the easiest way to make a dummy unit that no one can see?

2. How can I make the dummy unit cast Slow on all the units virtually instantly? or How can I make the dummy unit turn SUPER fast and cast SUPER fast?

3. I want the trigger to remove the unit when it is done casting. I tried the Wait Until Condition action along with the Current Order function, but it doesn't seem to work. The unit sets itself to Stop when it is done casting, but it doesn't trigger the function.

I hope that was all clear. As always, any help would be appreciated. :D

0cossin77

Yes, I am awesome.
Reaction score
1. Make an area of your map (probibly a corner) then box it off with sight and path blockers.
2. set the range of the ability to 999999999 and set cool down to like .01
3 what? post the trigger here

pladams9

Seth's Good-Twin
Reaction score
Here's the Trigger

Code:
Slow Starfall
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Starfall
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Sorceress for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching ((Owner of (Casting unit)) Not equal to (Owner of (Matching unit)))) and do (Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Picked unit))
        Wait until ((Current order of (Last created unit)) Equal to (Order(stop))), checking every 1.00 seconds
        Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game

Note that there are some very rough edges in this setup. In an actual map I would create a new dummy unit, but in this one I just used an invincible Sorceress with no attack. After using Slow the Sorceress stops doing anything.

T

ThE-eNiGmA

Use the locust ability on the dummy unit. It will make it unselectable by the players, and unattackable as well. The next thing is to get rid of the model. One way is to literally type none in the custom field, but if you want to use an actual model, use the elevator/pathing blocker model. Its invisible.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.