Dummy Speed

dyablohunter

Reaction score
How do I make a dummy unit go really really fast.. I mean like.. so fast.. that it like teleports... because I know the maximum movement speed is 522, and I need 2 dummy units to follow other units but when the followed units die I want them to return to the original location and this has to be really fast. So... how?

Edit:
I just figured out that i can use Move Unit (Instantly) trigger, but the speed is still not enough for the following... so my question remains.

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
You can fix leaks.

Set Point 1 = Position of ( unit )
Unit - Instantly move ( unit ) to point1
call RemoveLocation (udg_Point_1)

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
yea hellknight has it perfect not that hard also when you move it also order it to patrol the hero so it follows

Drunken_God

Hopes to get back into Mapmaking with SC2 :)
Reaction score
you can modify it till 1000 or so by shift+click i think but thats too slow

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make the unit slide would be your best bet in that case.

Just do it extremely fast.

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
Edit:
I just figured out that i can use Move Unit (Instantly) trigger, but the speed is still not enough for the following... so my question remains.

Move unit instantly is most likely the fastest way possible, if you need it faster then that then sorry... I don't see anyway how a unit can move to a place faster then taking no time at all to be moved.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Move unit instantly is most likely the fastest way possible, if you need it faster then that then sorry... I don't see anyway how a unit can move to a place faster then taking no time at all to be moved.

Make it be there before you told it to go there :confused:
Not possible. You cant go faster than "instant"

dyablohunter

Reaction score
Yes, yes.. I know.. this is the best solution.. but.. If i do that move (instantly) triger to go every 0.01 seconds, what will happen when the unit dies? will it stop moving to the followed unit? what i mean is.. will the trigger still go every 0.01 seconds? even though the unit will not be moved.. will it stil fire?

M

Maelstrom_

Add a condition that checks whether the unit is alive or not.

You wouldn't really need it on 0.01 seconds, thats 100 times moved every second. Something like 0.04 or even higher should be fine depending on what the dummy units are actually doing. :)

dyablohunter

Reaction score
Add a condition that checks whether the unit is alive or not.

You wouldn't really need it on 0.01 seconds, thats 100 times moved every second. Something like 0.04 or even higher should be fine depending on what the dummy units are actually doing. :)
Yeah I know... I choosed 0.05 seconds but didn't thought of that condition. ty.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
well... check if the unit its following is alive. If not, Remove the dummy from game and Turn off the trigger. (unless you have more than one unit)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.