Dying, exploding, dealing damage.

Stigoz

Reaction score
Okay, I'm (still) trying to make my custom spell, Dark Infusion, it goes like this:

A friendly target is infused with dark power, draining it's lif by 8% per second, but gives an high bonus damage. WHen the unit dies, it will restore mana to nearby friendly units, and deal damage to nearby enemy units equal 100 x the level of the ability.

But my "explode-trigger" won't seem to work.

Periodic Damage-Trigger ... works.
Code:
DarkInfusion
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Dark Infusion ) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - ((Max life of (Picked unit)) x 0.08))

Damage Bonus-Trigger ... works (Note that "DamageBonus (DarkInfusion)" is an item-aility)
Code:
DarkInfusionCast
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Dark Infusion (Necrolord)
    Actions
        Unit - Add DamageBonus (DarkInfusion) to (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Unit - Set level of DamageBonus (DarkInfusion) for (Target unit of ability being cast) to (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Casting unit))

Explode-Trigger ... won't work.
Code:
DarkInfusionDead
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Dying unit) has buff Dark Infusion ) Equal to True
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 450.00 of (Position of (Dying unit)) matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to (Owner of (Dying unit)))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Mana of (Picked unit)) + (100.00 x (Real((Level of DamageBonus (DarkInfusion) for (Triggering unit))))))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 450.00 of (Position of (Dying unit)) matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Not equal to (Owner of (Dying unit)))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - (100.00 x (Real((Level of DamageBonus (DarkInfusion) for (Triggering unit))))))

Also, I'd like to have tips about making some cool graphics for it ... thank you!

H

hadha

i might be terrible wrong - (im probably terrible wrong)
Code:
DarkInfusionDead
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Dying unit) has buff Dark Infusion ) Equal to True
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 450.00 of (Position of (Dying unit)) matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to (Owner of (Dying unit)))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Mana of (Picked unit)) + (100.00 x (Real((Level of DamageBonus (DarkInfusion) for (Triggering unit))))))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 450.00 of (Position of (Dying unit)) matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Not equal to (Owner of (Dying unit)))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
               [B] Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - (100.00 x (Real((Level of DamageBonus (DarkInfusion) for (Triggering unit))))))[/B]

Bold line seems to set life of the dying unit..?

if not, ignore my post :p

soulreaping

Reaction score
First:

Code:
            Loop - Actions
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - (100.00 x (Real((Level of DamageBonus (DarkInfusion) for (Triggering unit))))))

This leaks. Make sure you assign the group into a variable and then destroy it.

Second, if I'm not mistaken, the firelord has a passive ability that adds damage each attack and explodes the unit when the unit is killed and deals damage.

You can use that.

EDIT: This leaks also, didn't notice that:
Code:
 Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Dark Infusion ) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - ((Max life of (Picked unit)) x 0.08))

Drunken_God

Hopes to get back into Mapmaking with SC2 :)
Reaction score
you cant check a buff of a dying unit
add in the casting trigger the action : add event to trigger DarkInfusionDead target unit of ability being cast dies and remove the cond

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You could set a variable unit to the target unit. Then, add a condition to the exploding thing that the dying unit is the variable.

Of course, this would fix the problem and you dun; have anything to worry cuz the dps isn't even MUI or even MPI..

Stigoz

Reaction score
I KNOW that there's leaks, I just don't wanna do them before I'm 90% sure what I'm doing is right, that way I don't have to change it all a million times.

Second: It's not supposed to be MUI, as only one of each type of hero can be active at a time.

Now; What would be the trigger to find out whether the dying unit has this buff or not?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Now; What would be the trigger to find out whether the dying unit has this buff or not?

you cant check if a dead unit has a buff as drunken_god said. you could either a) periodically check if the units health was below 1, and had the buff (unit is still alive until its health is below 0.405 i think) or b) use the event with units life [Unit's life becomes less than # i think]. you will have to add that event from the casting trigger with
Code:
Trigger - Add New Event
--Event is Target unit of ability being cast' life becomes less than 1--

then check (in the trigger to which you added the event) if the unit has the buff

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.