Other Elemental Footman Frenzy

captainrads

Reaction score
Yeah, I've never liked the idea of super heroes, so that will not likely be in my map.

Well that AI would work for footies, but not for heroes...but then I'd also have to add teching triggers...maybe in the full version, but the beta's coming out this weekend sometime for sure and I'm not gonna mess with AI.

bradleo

Reaction score
I got some better ideas today, still just my opinion tho:

1. Creeps/Boss in mid, or even to the sides if possible...
  2. Hero upgrades? Idk if u want to do this, but its good for people that dont like using units
  3. Buildable walls to create mazes, but not entirely strong... (this one is definitly just my opinion, but its different!)

Also, if u want it to be only based on units and have no hero only players, you could take out lifesteal or attackspeed up items, but this is only if u want to make out hero only players.

captainrads

Reaction score
Creeps/Boss in mid, or even to the sides if possible...
I've thought of something like that, but it just didn't feel right, it would be sorta like Footmen vs. Grunts...I don't know, I might add something like that a bit later if I find a good way to do it. I've also thought of a gauntlet type thing full of progressively harder creeps that a player can go through for items or something.
Hero upgrades? Idk if u want to do this, but its good for people that dont like using units
Not totally sure what you mean by that, but if you're talking about having the unit upgrades work on heroes, I don't totally know about that, since items can do that same function and I don't want to put too much emphasis on heroes, that's how most Footy maps end up already, with the strong heroes wasting all the units of opposing bases until he decides to end the game.
Buildable walls to create mazes, but not entirely strong... (this one is definitly just my opinion, but its different!)
That's not a bad idea...it would be another sort of defensive option a player could have, and prevent windwalk attacks and all that annoying garbage. Maybe gates that would only let friendlies in and out? I might use that, great idea man.
Also, if u want it to be only based on units and have no hero only players, you could take out lifesteal or attackspeed up items, but this is only if u want to make out hero only players.
Hmm...well it is obnoxious when that sort of thing happens where a hero can't die ever because of items. Not sure about that, maybe I'll put a no-stack on some of those items and keep them relatively weaker to discourage that sort of thing.
You had some pretty good ideas here, thanks, it'll definitely help the map.

Fluffball

Reaction score
Make every 3rd unit a ranged unit, and every 5th unit a mage type unit? Adds more strategy than just millions of the same type of unit. Mages have special skills, like Bloodlust, and the later game ones have better skills such as Gravity Flux (Picks all units in a line up and slams them into the ground, dealing massive damage and stunning, costs LOTS of mana and big cooldown.)

bradleo

Reaction score
Make every 3rd unit a ranged unit, and every 5th unit a mage type unit? Adds more strategy than just millions of the same type of unit. Mages have special skills, like Bloodlust, and the later game ones have better skills such as Gravity Flux (Picks all units in a line up and slams them into the ground, dealing massive damage and stunning, costs LOTS of mana and big cooldown.)

The hire builder/build extra spawns system was designed to put extra units in the game and to allow many different styles of gameplay. Eventually all races will have their own builders with their own respective buildable casters, a powerful ranged/melee unit, siege unit, and a tank unit which will be incredibly powerful.

I had posted it before...
Have like every, say, third units or random unit or something be more powerful, mix it up!
Said it earlier and was answered... but yeah its a good idea, I had it first tho.

captainrads

Reaction score
So I had an idea today:
Each player has a research center which provides the standard upgrades(attack damage, armor, and specific racial upgrades), but also has researches for other passive abilities like Evasion, Critical Strike, Cleaving Attack, etc. Maybe some unit upgrades like you guys have been suggesting, like a super footy every few seconds, with an upgradeable aura. Good idea or no?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I think it would be fine. Some people might get confused with it's complexity though.

bradleo

Reaction score
Sounds great, but it does seem like footies vs. grunts...
I like that game better than footies anyway.:p
Good job!

captainrads

Reaction score
I think it would be fine. Some people might get confused with it's complexity though.

I don't think it would be that confusing, the research center would probably be built, just like the extra spawning buildings, and I would probably have racial research centers that give race-specific upgrades. The only problem with that is that a player would have to commit to a specific race. The builder system leaves racial mixing(such as sorceresses with banshees, shamans with dryads) open, and it probably makes a stronger army when a player mixes races.

It would be quite a bit like Footies vs. Grunts...but I like that game too, so whatever. That reminds me, I've still got to make a mass sending unit, you know, like the one in Footies XV versions.

By the way, sorry I haven't released the beta yet, I'm still having hosting problems and minor bug fixes, but if all goes well...and if the parents don't find out what my grades are...I should have it out this weekend, providing that the "how to host" thing I found is right.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Footies vs Grunts is a great game, but it's just like an AoS however.

but if all goes well...and if the parents don't find out what my grades are...I should have it out this weekend, providing that the "how to host" thing I found is right.
Well I was like that before, but now at high school I get high grades, one of my classmates is a first honor who really likes to play DotA.

Anyways, I wanna give it a try playing this map and see what I can do:thup:

Varine

Reaction score
High school sucks. I never did homework, but always got A's on tests, and still failed everything. Not so in college.

captainrads

Reaction score
Yeah, being a senior in high school you get hard ass teachers who make the grading system work completely against you, so if you forget to turn in one thing out of a whole pack of papers you drop down two points into a C. No, C's are not that bad, but the parents think so. I remain ungrounded, but I still have hosting problems since my dad thinks that opening ports leaves the computer open to countless viruses...and I could go on with my problems but my point is that I'm having difficulty, and it's not looking good that I can ever host the map myself.

Varine

Reaction score
Yeah, being a senior in high school you get hard ass teachers who make the grading system work completely against you, so if you forget to turn in one thing out of a whole pack of papers you drop down two points into a C. No, C's are not that bad, but the parents think so.

That's Junior year. My senior year was a joke. And C's are bad if you intend on going to college, especially if you don't have really high test scores.

And I see no link for the download.

captainrads

Reaction score
Well, my grades will probably be just fine as long as I get a B next term. And I do get pretty high test grades, I just forget to turn homework in...probably too much, but as long as I keep a B average and get a high SAT score I'm already in college.

I'll put up a link to the map when I get home.

captainrads

Reaction score
Well I did answer that general question...but still I'm thinking about putting something like that into the map...but I'd like feedback about it right now, so I put the link up, if it doesn't work let me know, otherwise let me know what you think of it so far.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.