Other Elemental Footman Frenzy

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Sorry then, it was just that I WAS the only one that actually posted, so I kinda had to be the audience. I'm not that important, just giving ideas and if other people post, I will gladly stop posting so much.

I don't mean posting so much, I mean the way you say things. Nothing wrong with it but the attitude sounds like "I THINK THIS SHOULD BE LIKE THAT" in capitals. :p But doesn't matter really.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

captainrads

Reaction score
You should probably organize your first post, so it's more appealing.
I just tried to do that recently with all those damn spoilers, but I guess I could add some more style to it.

Your extra builders idea isn't bad, but you should make it so each building takes up the same squares, and only have a few buildable areas, just to control things.
Oh shit, I forgot to mention that. That's exactly what I have in place. There are three squares per player, plus one taken up by the main base, so four total. If a player leaves, his squares will be open for more building, so teams aren't fucked when players leave.

Instead of using gold to get your hero items, maybe you should make Hero Points that the items cost (new resource), and you get one per guy you kill and like ten or twenty for each hero you kill. Now, each tiered unit will give more and more hero points, so the best hero items are impossible to get unless your enemies have higher tiers, so everything is balanced out, and it requires skill with the heroes to make a powerful hero.
That's a pretty good idea, it would make the game even more unit focused...but, what if no hero was chosen? That would sort of make them useless, and players could pool them to teammates with heroes and there would be a jacked up hero that owned lives. Plus, a player really could have both a jacked hero and jacked units if that kind of system was in place, making little incentive to focus on only teching...but I don't know it could work...I'll think about it.

For Earth, instead of spawning crypt lords, how about rock golems? And for water, water elementals.
What I listed was just tier five. I'll put a total list of all tier units in a little while, but Earth does spawn rock golems, and Water will spawn water elementals.

EDIT: Could you define what you mean by "more skill required"? Footman Frenzy doesn't require much skill, only strategy.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Captainrad did you see my post prior to this previous one? My first post on this thread? It's on page 4, lol. Read the first line or two because I'm too lazy to repeat myself. :p

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I loved footman frenzy maps when they had some things.
What I'd like to see in a footies map:

• Lots of levels(not 10000, it lagged as hell. Make it 50 or something and make sure you got abilities all the way up)
  • Upgrades to the units is a must, make them work for heroes too.
  • AI would be really good, if you have a decent map and you give it some AI, it'll make it so much better!
  • New name, give it a name that doesn't include footmen. Say in the loading screen that it was based of Footmen frenzy. Just don't name it like that. This might make it harder to get popular, I don't know. But it'll be worth it in the end.
  • Lots of heroes, not the basic ones only, custom heroes with nice triggered abilities!

captainrads

Reaction score
Lots of levels(not 10000, it lagged as hell. Make it 50 or something and make sure you got abilities all the way up)
I've always liked high levels too, so that will probably happen, but later since it takes awhile to go through every ability and change its max level and stats.
Upgrades to the units is a must, make them work for heroes too.
I do have upgrades for units, but I'm not sure about heroes since I want to make the map more unit based.
AI would be really good, if you have a decent map and you give it some AI, it'll make it so much better!
I might try and tinker with AI, but I don't know a damn thing about it so it will definitely take awhile to get it wired in.
New name, give it a name that doesn't include footmen. Say in the loading screen that it was based of Footmen frenzy. Just don't name it like that. This might make it harder to get popular, I don't know. But it'll be worth it in the end.
Any suggestions? I definitely want to keep the elemental part of it, but other than that I'm open to suggestion.
Lots of heroes, not the basic ones only, custom heroes with nice triggered abilities!
Don't worry, its got that and I plan on adding a shit ton more heroes...I've got like at least fifty thought up already.

As for a ninja...I have a hero somewhat like a ninja, although I need a custom model for it before I make it.

captainrads

Reaction score
Is there another word that means BUMP? It's getting boring saying it over and over and over.

Added a new section on the front page, check it out....its random events...I can't keep a secret from you guys.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I'd say this is the best footies map out there. I'm kinda sick of the lot of 'em, but this one's not bad at all.

Call the map "Element Frenzy" or something.

captainrads

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment, that's always good for the self-esteem.

Element Frenzy can be a bit misleading though, it kinda makes it sound like there's only elements in it when you've got elements and all four races(and maybe more later).

captainrads

Reaction score
Hey I know what I could call it, Elefoot Frenzy! OR, Elephant Frenzy? That doesn't work, well BUMP anyways, or NUDGE as I'm going to call it. Hell with it, Elemental Frenzy is the best I can do.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
I really like this, I like the other Footman Frenzy's but damn this has a lot of awesome ideas and will definitely rise above the others. I wish I could help but I have to do my Project :( Well Good Luck! :thup:

captainrads

Reaction score
Don't worry man, you keep doing your thing, I'll keep doing mine. Once we get done there can be two kick ass maps floating around.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Well, I'm nearly in Beta, maybe 1 week or a few days then there will be a beta. I'm doing small things like environments at the moment. I've already done butterflys that fly around and I'm making bees that protect there Hives and fly around in "Packs"

captainrads

Reaction score
So do the bees attack nearby units that get close to the beehive or something? That'd be pretty cool. Maybe you could add in something where you buy beehives for protection/harassment. Or, you could make beehives rescueable units that attack enemies that get close.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
So do the bees attack nearby units that get close to the beehive or something? That'd be pretty cool. Maybe you could add in something where you buy beehives for protection/harassment. Or, you could make beehives rescueable units that attack enemies that get close.

Thats not a bad idea, thanks :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.