Other Elemental Footman Frenzy

captainrads

Reaction score
King is right, we should be talking about all this on the WC4 thread.

Anyone got any more suggestions based on the front page though? Any ideas are welcomed, because I'm running out.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
How about a "Light" tier and it uses a mix of melee and ranged units. Maybe a passive ability could be that every time it does damage, it gets 1/4 of that damage as health.

captainrads

Reaction score
How about a "Light" tier and it uses a mix of melee and ranged units. Maybe a passive ability could be that every time it does damage, it gets 1/4 of that damage as health.

Well I have been thinking of going beyond just storm, earth, fire, and water for elemental tiers, although I'm not sure how many I can put into the base before I run out of button slots. Maybe I should use a research center for unit upgrades, it might free up some room.

A light tier would be possible...but the ability seems more vampiric than anything, I'd think the ability might be just having high hitpoint regeneration, or maybe a chance to reincarnate or something, I'm not sure. I'll definitely think about it, thanks for the idea.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
For a random event, how about a Holy Storm? It rains holy water which heals units but also has lightning which give extra healing. So the player lucky enough to get their units struck by lightning may win over the battle. Just pitching out an Idea (I'm not very good with ideas when it comes to foot frenzy)

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This might have already been said, but how about cross over tiers?

Fire + Storm = ?
Fire + Water = Steam
Fire + Earth = Lava
Fire + Fire = Inferno

Storm + Water = Electricity?
Storm + Earth = ?
Storm + Storm = Lightning?

Water + Earth = I would say mud but thats just lame
Water + Water = Ice

Earth + Earth = ?

captainrads

Reaction score
Holy Storm sounds pretty good, it'd be a random event that wouldn't destroy everything in the center like most of them will, although I think I'm gonna call it "Holy Blessing"...and then have another one called "Holy Shit" where "mud" falls down and slows enemies and reduces attack damage.

wc3shady: That's a great fucking idea! I've been wondering as to whether I should add alternate tiers to the elemental tiers, but that sure as hell clears up that problem. However, I'm not sure how to logically "combine" elements to create the alternate tiers. The only thing I can think of is to make buyable "Elemental Essence" which you can give to the main base as an item, and proper combinations produce the alternate tiers. However, that probably won't be available until tier 4 since it would be a sort of ultimate upgrade.

I'll definitely get to work on making shit like that, thanks for the idea, +rep.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Holy Storm sounds pretty good, it'd be a random event that wouldn't destroy everything in the center like most of them will, although I think I'm gonna call it "Holy Blessing"...and then have another one called "Holy Shit" where "mud" falls down and slows enemies and reduces attack damage.

LOL.. Holy Shit.. Oh look "Mud" is falling from the sky :rolleyes:. Anyway, Happy New Year!

captainrads

Reaction score
If only I could properly ring in the new year, alas, my friends are useless. Happy New Year anyways, but we've still got about seven hours until the actual new year.

Frozenhelfir

set Gwypaas = Guhveepaws
Reaction score
I generally stay away from footman wars for one reason, one team gets ahead and stays ahead or there is too much emphasis on the hero. If you can devise a way for the tables to turn, then I would probably play give it a shot or two. I haven't played it yet, but if possible, it would be nice to see a footman war in which the heroes acted more like support than huge offensive powerhouses.

A few ways to allow table-turning is to make money be distributed based on damage done/healed. Also get a small amount of money when YOUR units die, obviously not as much as the money gained from killing it though. I think this would encourage more battle rather than staying aloof for a while.

captainrads

Reaction score
Well I've tried to make this game more unit based with the extra spawn systems, but getting gold when your units die isn't too bad of an idea. Maybe I could make a system where dominating teams receive less gold or have weaker units, or vice versa with weaker teams. Naturally more testing needs to be done to see how the game actually runs with people in it, but thanks for the ideas I will definitely keep them in mind.

captainrads

Reaction score
Hey I've got a question for anybody who knows...I feel a bit ashamed to ask, but how do I get screen shots posted into a thread?

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Hey I've got a question for anybody who knows...I feel a bit ashamed to ask, but how do I get screen shots posted into a thread?

make a www.photobucket.com account, upload an image there. When the image is uploaded, put your cursor over the image and a bar will pop up. It will have a few things but on one bit of the bar it will say Direct Link and right next to it will be the link. Copy the link then come back to the post your writing (typing :p). Click on the insert image picture on the top in advanced mode. Paste the link then press ok. The link will appear with

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
What's actually much easier than photobucket, is TinyPic. You don't need to make an account, just go to the link I gave you and upload an image from your computer. Once it's done uploading, it will give you a link saying "Click here to view your image" (or it will just take you there). Then it will give you different urls to post, one is for forums, one for blogs, etc. The one for forums is IMG, and you don't need to use the IMG tags here it will just give it to you.

captainrads

Reaction score
Alright, thanks...and I assume to get images from screenshots i just paste them into a word/paint document?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.