Other Elemental Footman Frenzy

captainrads

Reaction score
Hmmm...that could work...although I've already got steam and wind which are very similar to a sandstorm...dunno, I'll think about it.

captainrads

Reaction score
BUMP

Ok, so I've been floating around the internet and come across some things. First, for Storm and Earth I'm thinking Meteors...which spawn ALIENS. Also, I've found that Storm isn't a basic element, Air is. So either I re-do a bunch of things and make it correct, or I keep things the way they are...but I'm not sure. I'm thinking of keeping things the way they are because I've already planned everything out. But of course, this map isn't for me, its for all of you, so I'd like to hear your say on it.

Sneak Peek: For the elemental builder you'll be able to build a primal elemental, which is a sort of god unit that contains all elements.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
BUMP

Ok, so I've been floating around the internet and come across some things. First, for Storm and Earth I'm thinking Meteors...which spawn ALIENS. Also, I've found that Storm isn't a basic element, Air is. So either I re-do a bunch of things and make it correct, or I keep things the way they are...but I'm not sure. I'm thinking of keeping things the way they are because I've already planned everything out. But of course, this map isn't for me, its for all of you, so I'd like to hear your say on it.

Sneak Peek: For the elemental builder you'll be able to build a primal elemental, which is a sort of god unit that contains all elements.

I think leave it the way it is, just because it's not exactly an element doesn't mean you can't make it. The map is supposed to be about having fun with awesome storms and water and fire and elements in general. I think just keep it. :thup:

captainrads

Reaction score
Alright then, it stays. I've got a snow day today too, so I should get some work done on the map itself.

captainrads

Reaction score
So any ideas on how to tech to elemental alternate tiers? So far I've got an elemental builder building unit spawners, and then you can tech from there based on your current base element and whatever the player may build.
Example: You're on Tier 4 spawning water elementals, you build a Thunder Dome which spawns Electromancers. You can now tech to the Wind Tier, which spawns Cyclone Elementals which have a high attack speed, low damage, a high % evasion, and a Wind Burn ability(I'm thinking its just bash right now).
Electromancers- Electrical caster units, have lightning shield and can learn Shock Attack(lightning orb) and Spawn Thunder Hawk(or a lighting elemental if I make one).

Note that the elemental casters are the only casters with spawns(besides necromancers, but skellies are weak as hell).

bradleo

Reaction score
I want to test this map out as soon as I can, but you still have the oldest version posted. Can you post a slightly newer one so we can look at all the awesomeness (and I can check for balancing, etc...). Looks amazing, the combining reminds me of Element TD (which could give you more ideas). I can't wait too play this!:thup:

captainrads

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I've been pretty busy with school so I haven't gotten a lot of work done on the map. Fortunately, the semester's over and I've got a much easier schedule, so I should be able to work on it a bit more.

I haven't played Element TD in awhile...I should do that again, its pretty fun.

captainrads

Reaction score
BUMP

I really don't have much to say this time.

I have been playing Element TD for awhile...it was fun, but it didn't really give me any ideas that I could add...unless I started making elemental towers, which I could do. I could also add builders of each element to build different things(unit producers and towers mostly). Yes/no? Ideas?

CaptDeath

Reaction score
umm do you have a mass mob controll tower?
such as
Code:
Mass Attack
Mass retreat
Low Hp retreat
Low Mp Retreat
Idea from SentryIII's footman frenzy

captainrads

Reaction score
Actually, I did want to add a unit controller, but more like the one in the Footman Frenzy XV series which just has basic attack center, corners, and retreat commands.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yeah, I was just thinking in my post that low hp retreat and attack low hp would remove all macro. I should have said that just moving to the center and corners and such would be a fine idea, but the low hp thing wasn't very good. Do you know what I mean?

captainrads

Reaction score
Yeah, I do, but personally I don't micro my units too much in FF, just my hero. Naturally since my version will be more unit based there's gonna be a lot more microing of casters and stuff. I've been thinking for certain abilities to trigger them to be autocast, but I'm not sure because the player might want to decide as to when that should happen...I don't know, I haven't though through everything yet, and I think much faster than I can actually make the map.

captainrads

Reaction score
Bump, had an idea, what if the walls used for base defense were also affected by Elemental Alternate Tier requirements. Steam Walls, Lava Walls, etc. Comments?

captainrads

Reaction score
Alright then, I'ma change the front page a bit to fit the general style, so you guys can expect updates.

And just to clarify, the map is called Elemental Frenzy, I took the Footies part out.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Cool, if you don't mind I'm going to link your units and rename them.

I'm redoing the spawned units for each tier and race. Right now, they look like this:
Initial Spawn: Militia
Human: Footman, Rifleman, Knight, Elite Royal. All units have the ability superior weaponry, which adds +3 damage.
Orc: Grunts, Raiders, Kodo Beasts(Riderless), Tauren. All units have berserk.
Night Elf: Archer, Huntress, Dryad, Hippogryph Rider. All units have Elune's Grace
Undead: Zombie, Ghoul, Skeletal Archer, Abomination. All units have disease cloud.
Ok, so its not a big change, but there's really not that many units to choose from. Anyway, here's how the elemental tiers look:
Earth: Mud Golem, Rock Golem, Granite Golem, Graboid
Storm: Storm Crow, Lightning Lizard, Thunder Hawk, Storm Wyrm
Water: Water Elemental, Reef Elemental, Sea Elemental, Glacial Elemental
Fire: Lava Spawn, Flame Beast, Blaze Elemental, Phoenix

I just changed a few.

In addition to the elemental tiers, players will have the option of teching to alternate tiers based on the unit currently spawning.
For example:
Rifleman - Can be upgraded to spawn marines
Knights - Can be upgraded to spawn royal knights

I've got quite a bit more, but I'm gonna leave this one a bit of a surprise. I will tell you that once the alternate tier is upgraded to, a series of other tiers will follow, which can result in an alternate tier 5 unit(The Knight's alternate tier will end up spawning Paladins). I just might add caster upgrades too, along with anti-caster upgrades. There's no limit!

THIS IS THE UPDATE: A great idea has been donned upon me(thanks wc3shady) for elemental alternate tiers, made by combining elements. Though I can't be totally sure of how the system will be, right now my idea is this:
An elemental builder will be added and can build (unit spawning?) structures. Based on the element built, alternate tiers may be teched to from there. Here's what I've got so far:
Fire + Storm = Plasma
Fire + Water = Steam
Fire + Earth = Lava
Fire + Fire = Combustion

Storm + Water = Wind
Storm + Earth = Cosmic (You can still make the aliens, cosmic just made more sense)
Storm + Storm = Light

Water + Earth = Nature
Water + Water = Ice

Earth + Earth = Metal

Like I always say, if you have ideas, post them.

Again, just a few changes.

Oh, and your renaming the hero spawn names right?

EDIT - Idea!! Make the event "Night of the Living Dead" costing to a player or something like that, where every dead unit becomes alive again, but under the control of whoever made it? They could make a corpse explosion item to counter this. Or, maybe, the units get returned to the player for balancing? And they should just be zombies, again, for balancing. You know, that sounded a bit confusing.

captainrads

Reaction score
Ok, I like the Elite Royal, but why have Storm Crows first? The idea behind having a Thunder Lizard first was that by Tier 4 the Tier 1 unit comes back with a big upgrade, I tried to do that for all the races. Blaze Elemental is a maybe...it does sound a bit more compelling than Fire Elemental. As for the Glacial Elemental, that was my plan for Water's Tier 5...although I think Berserk Elemental should be changed...but to what I'm not sure.

I do agree that Storm and Earth should be Cosmic, but Combustion is from things like gunpowder, which would be Fire and Earth...so I'm thinking of changing Fire and Fire to Lava and Fire and Earth to Combustive.

As for Night of the Living Dead, or Nacht de Untoden(sp?) as tribute to Call of Duty, the idea there is that all units come back as neutral hostile units. Actually, doing it this way would be a bit balancing and fair to other players, since those with powerful units killled near them will have to face their powerful units again and those with weaker units will be able to kill their undead counterparts easier. I'm still deciding on whether they will retain their upgrades as they are reanimated, but they will definitely be vulnerable.

Actually, I've got another event far down at the end of the list called Zombie Horde where a shit ton of zombies attack, inspired by Left 4 Dead.

By the way, what do you mean by hero spawn names? Like for Tier 5 units? Yeah, I'll probably rename them if appropriate, but then again maybe not...most of them are okay. I mean Fire Lord is pretty good, but I might change things like Crypt Lord and Naga Sea Witch since they don't really relate to the element too well.

captainrads

Reaction score
Bump...I don't really have anything to say...oh well.

Progress Report:
Units and stats just about done
Builders and extra units just about done(for now...still more to add altogether but they'll be balanced, I'll totally finish them next version. Right now, each builder has 2 casters, 1 anti-caster, two towers, and a farm.)
Still to be done:
Add a few more heroes
Finish the new shops
Finish mines, traps, walls, etc.

For the next version:
Random Events
Alternate Tiers

captainrads

Reaction score
Bump, added a few minor updates(like a new wall).

Also, I've thought of some new ideas:
Lumber: Used to buy creeps. When killed, creeps give a lumber bounty, allowing for a constant "recycling" of lumber.
Event Bonuses: Happen when certain events occur and give various bonuses. For example, when a team picks the three original Undead heroes, they each receive an Infernal(or an Inferno Stone).

I'm thinking all players receive a certain amount of lumber at the start of the game.

Comments anyone?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.