Other Elemental Footman Frenzy

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Bump, added a few minor updates(like a new wall).

Also, I've thought of some new ideas:
Lumber: Used to buy creeps. When killed, creeps give a lumber bounty, allowing for a constant "recycling" of lumber.
Event Bonuses: Happen when certain events occur and give various bonuses. For example, when a team picks the three original Undead heroes, they each receive an Infernal(or an Inferno Stone).

I'm thinking all players receive a certain amount of lumber at the start of the game.

Comments anyone?

Thats a pretty good idea, but how about making the creeps drop the lumber item, and give an upgrade that gives all your units 1 inventory slot, this way you've got to get the wood quickly before anyone else and if your hero is far away you can get the upgrade to help you gather the wood easier. Just an idea for improvement.

captainrads

Reaction score
Thats a pretty good idea, but how about making the creeps drop the lumber item, and give an upgrade that gives all your units 1 inventory slot, this way you've got to get the wood quickly before anyone else and if your hero is far away you can get the upgrade to help you gather the wood easier. Just an idea for improvement.
Well the idea is that in order to get more lumber, you have to kill enemy creeps. This makes it sort of a risk to buy creeps in that if they get killed, your enemy has the potential to get a stronger unit. When you kill their creeps, you can get stronger units.

captainrads

Reaction score
Well after two weeks of not posting, I'm gonna go ahead and make a bump. I can also tell you that I've come up with some awesome ideas for units, which I'll keep a surprise for now. Unfortunately the new features won't be in 1.5, but they'll probably be in the one after(2.0). Fortunately, you can all look forward to a new feature that the builders will have(not including the defensive builder).

captainrads

Reaction score
Phew, after about a month of not posting and beastly bug fixing, the new version is finally ready. The download link is on the front page at the bottom of the first post. This version should be fully functional, hopefully bug-free, and hopefully a lot of fun to play.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It looks pretty good captainrads! ATM I'm about to go to school, and this is actually a friends v of Frozen Throne, so I've been putting off buying my own for the CD Key on Battle.Net. I'll probably go buy it today or something.

captainrads

Reaction score
Alright, you do that, lemme know what you think of it once you get to fully test it, like with other people or something. If you host it, let me know when so I can try to be there too.

Vylatin

Reaction score
I don't find it very different to other Footys. Don't take this wrong...

1. Why not create a more living terrain? Cause your terrain looks atm very booring. The terrain almost makes me sad.

2. I don't know if this is just because its a beta, but please only custom heroes. Warcraft 3 have been out for many years now, and people are very tired on all blizzard heroes. Custom heroes with triggered spells would actually make your footy greater and more unique.

I seriously hate footy games because all of them dissapoints me when it comes to 1 and 2. But well, that is my opinion.

GL with the map!

captainrads

Reaction score
I don't find it very different to other Footys. Don't take this wrong...

1. Why not create a more living terrain? Cause your terrain looks atm very booring. The terrain almost makes me sad.

2. I don't know if this is just because its a beta, but please only custom heroes. Warcraft 3 have been out for many years now, and people are very tired on all blizzard heroes. Custom heroes with triggered spells would actually make your footy greater and more unique.

I seriously hate footy games because all of them dissapoints me when it comes to 1 and 2. But well, that is my opinion.

GL with the map!
For awhile, I had no idea what I was gonna do with the terrain, so I left it. Fortunately, I've had some inspiration and there will be more interesting terrain by next version.

There's not very many custom heroes so far, but I will be adding many more in the future. I'm not sure about removing the Blizzard heroes though, some people like them quite a bit and it can be obnoxious for new players who have to figure out new heroes too...but I'll consider it, maybe get a vote going if I see it hosted a lot.

Vylatin

Reaction score
No, please remove them.

maybe get a vote going if I see it hosted a lot.

Don't wait with it.

If you would like I can help you with the heroes. I am experienced with heroes and trigger enhanced spells, and I got plenty of time ^^. You won't get dissapointed... :>

Vylatin

Reaction score
Ok, Then I create some heroes... I'll attach them to a post here soon :) You will with other words have to copy & paste a lot :p

captainrads

Reaction score
That's cool, say I had an idea: instead of flat out removing the blizzard heroes, what if they were just redone?

Vylatin

Reaction score
Excellent idea! :)

But I must ask you: Could I have the map and fix it in there? Because that will make everything so much easier. Then when I'm done I will just attach the map to a post.

You can trust me, don't worry. If "no", I can still create them on a different map ;)

captainrads

Reaction score
Go ahead, do your thing. It would be a pain in the ass to copy and paste everything from map to map anyways.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Bump, anybody trying the new version?

I just tried it out offline and so far it is very good! Good job :thup: The only thing I did not understand is how do you build walls? Or were those scrapped? The elemental tiers are really cool, I chose the energy tier :)

Here are some positives and negetives I can see:

Positives:

- New elemental tiers are an awesome addition and allows more choices for the player
- Walls (as far as I can guess) are a helpful defense for your base, these could potentially help you win the game and also caters towards the players who prefer to turtle.
- The best Footman Frenzy I've played so far.

Negetive:

- Is there much difference between others and this one?
- Terrain is quite bland at the moment but I'm sure this will be fixed.

Hows this for an idea? At the beggining of the game you can choose between normal mode (like this one now) and Elemental wars. Basically, Elemental Wars is where you choose what elemental tier you would like straight away, but there is a limit to the amount of elemental players (so 3 water, 3 fire, 3 earth, 3 storm ect) and when they choose these elemental tiers they are transported to their respective areas (fire area would be a volcanic underground terrain, water would be a snowy northrend terrain, earth would be like ashenvale terrain with 70% dirt, and lightning could be no terrain but with grey/white clouds flat on the ground (I know how this can be done)).

That's just a mode suggestion, really it is up to you. I think this would differentate this between other Footman frenzys. Nevertheless this is coming across very good. :thup:

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I didn't play it online, so I can't say a lot.

What I can say though is you need to make custom abilities.

I'll give you some hero ideas.

Darwin the Evolution Worm
(This guys model is the dune worm critter)

Abilities
Evolution - Upgrades a unit one tier. If this is targeted at a final tier unit, it makes a duplicate of them.
Devolution - Degrades an enemy one tier. If this is targeted at a first tier unit, it kills the unit.
Regress - If this is targeted at a unit with mana, it eats a large amount of their mana and slows them. If this is targeted at a unit without mana, it deals damage and stuns.
[ULT]Rapid Growth - Area Targeted; Over time, every hit ally unit gains movement speed, attack speed and damage. Over time, every hit enemy unit loses movement speed, attack speed and damage. Once the effect ends, the stats are reset.

Arthas the Guitar Hero
(This uses Arthas' Guitar Playing Model)

Abilities
Eat Thunder - This shoots a line of lightning bolts to a point, dealing damage and dazing each enemy unit hit.
Guitar Smash - Arthas jumps to a target point, stunning himself, and stunning and damaging all units near him.
Crowd Surf - This hits all enemies surrounding Arthas, shooting them in the air and knocking them back. This deals minor damge.
[ULT]Jam Session - When Arthas enters Jam Session, he begins channeling. All nearby enemy units lose lots of armor, movement speed, attack speed and damage. All nearby ally units gain armor, movement speed, attack speed and damage. If a unit leaves the area of the spell, the effect ends.

captainrads

Reaction score
King: Walls are built from the defensive builder, hired in the mercenary camp. I'll have to remember to clarify that.

I know the terrain is pretty bad, and I hadn't thought of what to do with it so I left it. I later thought of putting elements in, but they would just sorta be in there. I like your idea though, units and terrain would actually match.

Right now, its probably not much different from others, but I've got a slew of rad ideas. It'll probably end up being a lot like Footies vs. Grunts, but there will probably be over 15 spawnable units per builder. Not to mention a God Unit, which is immensely powerful but will also lose health constantly(maybe, if so, they'll have some sort of healing ability too). Plus, I plan on having the primary casting unit of each race able to be upgraded into a "power caster," meaning they'll have several different upgrades and researches available which will make them the ultimate support unit, or in some cases, the bulk of the army.

Thanks for the ideas, and the compliments.

wc3shady: Vylatin volunteered to redo the heroes in the map, whenever he gets the chance. Although I do like your hero ideas, I'll probably use them, thanks. I'm thinking of changing the name of Eat Thunder to Thunder Licks though.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
The terrain do not fit with grass tile... Change it to something else, I know that since footman maps don't care about terrain, but me as a player do like to see a decent terrain at least,

captainrads

Reaction score
The terrain do not fit with grass tile... Change it to something else, I know that since footman maps don't care about terrain, but me as a player do like to see a decent terrain at least,
See above for the terrain discussion.

The grass patches will be changed to fit the elements around it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.