Other Elemental Footman Frenzy

captainrads

Reaction score
Bump

And I feel like a bit of a noob asking, but is there a way to change the title of a thread? I've tried editing the first post but it only give a title for the first post, not the whole thread.

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
Seems kinda like an elemental td/footmen frenzy? Looks good so far anyway. Only suggestion is to make a combat AI system for the footmen, you can still control where they go but if say someone needs help or finishing off the lowest hp hero, It would be awesome.

captainrads

Reaction score
Seems kinda like an elemental td/footmen frenzy? Looks good so far anyway. Only suggestion is to make a combat AI system for the footmen, you can still control where they go but if say someone needs help or finishing off the lowest hp hero, It would be awesome.
There is a little of Elemental TD in there, but the closest hybrid would probably be Footmen Frenzy/Footies vs. Grunts because of the unit spawning system. However, unlike Footies vs. Grunts, players can be whatever race they want regardless of team. Players can also combo races if they have the money. There's a system that gives gold to players of dying units too, so there will probably be plenty of money to go around.

I will be adding AI eventually, as soon as I learn how to make it or find someone willing to make it.

captainrads

Reaction score
Phew...over two months of dust collecting. Unfortunately, I'll be going off to a job as a camp counselor for the summer, so I'll be gone until fall, but I'll also have a brand new laptop, so hopefully I can resume the map then.

captainrads

Reaction score
Two more months of dust collection...but this time, I'm taking off the cobwebs, school allowing. I'll be getting my new laptop real soon, plus I'm back from counseling. I've got about a week until school starts, so how much progress I make is all depending on when my laptop gets here and how involved with school I become.

Right now, I plan to keep working on the map, and hopefully WVU's router will allow me to host it.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm not really an artist, but I could make a cool loading screen. It wouldn't be hand drawn though.

captainrads

Reaction score
Bad news on my mapmaking situation: Apparently, world editor no longer works with macs. When looking on tech support, Blizzard pretty much said, "Too bad":
Blizzard Technical Support said:
This is a known issue, but the Mac War3 World Editor is no longer supported. That isn't to say the issue will never be resolved, but considering the Editor is no longer supported, it is likely this issue will not be tasked for fixing. =\

Warcraft IV

Reaction score
Bad news on my mapmaking situation: Apparently, world editor no longer works with macs. When looking on tech support, Blizzard pretty much said, "Too bad":

That sucks, I hope you can still continue making the map somehow, it was coming along nicely.

captainrads

Reaction score
Until they decide to address the problem, or I figure out a way to put windows alongside the OSX software(which I'm fairly certain is possible), I can't be sure, though I believe there's a program that will let me put windows on my machine. To the internet, away!

captainrads

Reaction score
Apparently my computer has something called Bootcamp built into it, which allows me to install windows on it. The disk should be here tomorrow, and if all goes well I should be working on the map by tomorrow too.

captainrads

Reaction score
Well, as I should have expected, things did not turn out as planned and I still need another disk to get Windows on my Mac. *sigh* It'll be another day or two...or more, who knows?

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
King, if you see this, don't post with the Warcraft IV account.

*sigh*

That was pure accident, gets confusing when switching from both accounts. :(

Well, as I should have expected, things did not turn out as planned and I still need another disk to get Windows on my Mac. *sigh* It'll be another day or two...or more, who knows?

Good luck, hopefully you can get Windows running. I see a lot of potential in this map. :)

captainrads

Reaction score
Windows is up and running on my computer...but I can't get it to connect to battle.net...damn computers...

EDIT: Alright, I'm just downloading the patch straight from Blizzard's website. I guess I can only use battle.net when I'm on the mac.

Oh lordy lordy I just realized: I left all my notes for the game at home. All my ideas that I haven't posted on The Helper are currently not accessible to me until I go home...which could be quite some time, a month or two at most. Well...that means I can't make quite a few new units or heroes. I'll have to focus on traps, walls, mines, and random events(I planned to save random events for another update). This likely means that I'll get all that done, then be able to add all the units I wanted. I suppose this means there will be a lot of adds in the new version, at the cost of coming out at a later date.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Windows is up and running on my computer...but I can't get it to connect to battle.net...damn computers...

EDIT: Alright, I'm just downloading the patch straight from Blizzard's website. I guess I can only use battle.net when I'm on the mac.

Oh lordy lordy I just realized: I left all my notes for the game at home. All my ideas that I haven't posted on The Helper are currently not accessible to me until I go home...which could be quite some time, a month or two at most. Well...that means I can't make quite a few new units or heroes. I'll have to focus on traps, walls, mines, and random events(I planned to save random events for another update). This likely means that I'll get all that done, then be able to add all the units I wanted. I suppose this means there will be a lot of adds in the new version, at the cost of coming out at a later date.

Cool, can't wait to see the traps in action :D

captainrads

Reaction score
Cool, can't wait to see the traps in action :D
That's also a problem I'll have to figure out sooner than I planned...I've had pathing problems, which I hopefully know how to fix. Regardless, I'll undoubtedly have many a problem to fix trying to make all this stuff...thinking about it, I've had difficulties with all of them as far as getting them to function the way I want.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.