Other Elemental Footman Frenzy

bradleo

Reaction score
Hmm, thinking out of the box a little. These you definitly don't have to use because they could mess up the game quite easily, they are just suggestions.

1. A ultimate casting building, high money cost (like say 1000) to do... 100 damage to every unit (or every unit on at team...) on the map. (high cooldown)
  2. You could use the ultimate building for buffs, auras, and other stuff on whole map or from hero...etc
  3. Lol this one is crazy, ready? Resource buildings that cost 100 and give 1 gold every... second? 5 seconds? I dont know exactly... They could be built in the space above the 4 corners, seperated by something amazing or made invuln.
  4. Ok, what else is outside the box... How about... getting lumber for... spellbooks, and lumber is achieved from... hero kills? Just putting crazy ideas together. :p
  5. Placing traps to explode or slow or hurt units. An actually good idea!

All I got for now... Hope this helps!

Edit: meant to put 1000 for high money cost

captainrads

Reaction score
A ultimate casting building, high money cost (like say 100) to do... 100 damage to every unit (or every unit on at team...) on the map. (high cooldown)
You mean an ultimate caster spawn or a tower? I'll let the masses(?) in on a secret: should there be a tier 5 put in place, the main base will have an appropriate ultimate ability(Undead-death and decay, Earth-Earthquake, etc)
You could use the ultimate building for buffs, auras, and other stuff on whole map or from hero...etc
If you've tested the map and built the ziggurat, you see that it gives an unholy aura with quite a large area(also functions as a farm/tower), and the main base still has the standard devotion aura.
Lol this one is crazy, ready? Resource buildings that cost 100 and give 1 gold every... second? 5 seconds? I dont know exactly... They could be built in the space above the 4 corners, seperated by something amazing or made invuln.
I have toyed with that idea, but I never liked the idea of a resource generator, because players can just get it and wait until they have a shit ton of money to do anything, which isn't fair to those who want to hero focus and not get a builder.
Ok, what else is outside the box... How about... getting lumber for... spellbooks, and lumber is achieved from... hero kills? Just putting crazy ideas together. :p
Hmm....that's a possibility...like, having an initial spellbook which gets upgraded after a player gets a certain amount of lumber? That might work, I'd have to develop that idea a bit more but that's a maybe...good idea, thanks.
Placing traps to explode or slow or hurt units. An actually good idea!
Why yes, that is a very good idea. I've already got a super builder with a "lay mine" ability which lays down a goblin land mine, but maybe I'll put those sorts of abilities/items other places.

Thanks for the ideas, its always helpful.

captainrads

Reaction score
Bump, once again I ask, has anyone tried the map? I doubt I'll be able to host it so I'm wondering if I should even keep going on the project. It's posted for download in my profile, so I ask all of you to at least try it. If anyone could host it on U.S. East sometime, I'd love to be there.

bradleo

Reaction score
I havent tested it yet, I will right now though... will edit this post if I get ideas/find any changes.

Edit: Well, I played it, and so far theres not much to it. I gave lots of ideas, please use them and incorperate them. Time for the lists.

The Obvious:
  • You obviously used all of the template things because you didn't change any items. Make it at least LOOK your own by rearanging items, hero locations, and making your own items. Try for 1/2 items be your own or changed.
  • Well, also obviously it is beta, sorry about being so mean, but add more stuff! You will need to put in the other tiers in before official release
  • Change the damage and look of the tier units. People are bored with the basic tiers. Idea: Add damage, take away attack speed, and change model of footman to bandit or something. Doesn't have to be much, just to make the game different

The Other stuff:
  • Idea is good, just needs more stuff.
  • Please, for now, put in computers so it can be playable/testable in single player. Remove AI and whatnot, just so you can see damage without attacking your own units.
  • Heros look good, but they are all probably more powerful than the standard ones. Try dulling down damage just a bit if it is the normal spell damage. I could be wrong because I didn't have time to test them.
  • Bear will be WAY too powerful end game. Even though he has low damage, if he gets ahold of attack items and damage boosters, his fast attack + cleave will own units and his bash will own heros. Not to mention crit and stampede. Lower speed to make decent, and maybe have higher damage but lower damage up per level.

To conclude: Add stuff and change stuff from template. Sorry I sounded so mean. Element idea is excellent though.

captainrads

Reaction score
You obviously used all of the template things because you didn't change any items. Make it at least LOOK your own by rearanging items, hero locations, and making your own items. Try for 1/2 items be your own or changed.
Yeah, I did keep a lot of the things the same, but its what people know and are familiar with, plus I know it'll work. I may try to experiment in the future though. As for the items, I do plan on making a lot more of those. In fact, I've got a lot of traps, walls, and mines planned out in a future Base Defense store, so there's a new element to the map with those.
Well, also obviously it is beta, sorry about being so mean, but add more stuff! You will need to put in the other tiers in before official release
Yeah, I'll of course complete the map when the official release comes out, but I didn't want to get too involved in the map in case it didn't get going. If I had done that, I would have wasted my time.
Change the damage and look of the tier units. People are bored with the basic tiers. Idea: Add damage, take away attack speed, and change model of footman to bandit or something. Doesn't have to be much, just to make the game different
Like I said, I know the generic system works. If I do too much editing I'll lose track of balancing, but I will try and get new units and stats worked into the game.

Please, for now, put in computers so it can be playable/testable in single player. Remove AI and whatnot, just so you can see damage without attacking your own units.
I had a testing trigger in there where neutral hostile footmen spawned in the middle, but I took it out. I could either put that back in, or try and tinker with learning AI, but that might take awhile.
Heros look good, but they are all probably more powerful than the standard ones. Try dulling down damage just a bit if it is the normal spell damage. I could be wrong because I didn't have time to test them.
I was afraid of that, I'll try and fix it but I need to see how the heroes perform in combat to fix it effectively. However, some heroes do have trade offs. The ancients are pretty powerful spell-wise, but they're pretty slow too, so there's a bit of balancing there.
Bear will be WAY too powerful end game. Even though he has low damage, if he gets ahold of attack items and damage boosters, his fast attack + cleave will own units and his bash will own heros. Not to mention crit and stampede. Lower speed to make decent, and maybe have higher damage but lower damage up per level.
I probably should have seen that coming; too many passive skills like that makes a hero way too powerful. I'll either change its abilities or tone down it's attack power.

Once again, thanks for your feedback, hopefully more people will start playing and commenting, and just maybe I can get someone to host it so I can see how the game plays with a bunch of human players.

bradleo

Reaction score
For bear, don't tone down attack power, tone attack speed, otherwise you will have stun locks on your hands and no one likes that, especially with cleave killing other units. Attack power is fine now, but items can increase it, remember those items!

captainrads

Reaction score
That's true...and I don't have very many attack speed increase items(Like two I think), so Bear should stay balanced that way. The only thing bear can do is get ThunderTHOR and get a purge with its bash, but with a slow enough attack speed things should be fine.

bradleo

Reaction score
You may not have many attack speed increasing items, but they are probably stackable so I would dull the attack down anyway.

captainrads

Reaction score
Yeah, you got me there...I'll do that, and maybe start tinkering with AI. I'm gonna try and get a main layout set up on the first page for the game in a way that's more organized too, but I'll do that later since I've got a huge test I should be studying for.

bradleo

Reaction score
Ok, and you really should be working on completing at least one thing completely (eg. another teir, hero, or builder) instead of posting on here!

I think it is a good idea but it will remain an idea until u get the first playable version done.:p

Keep working, if it was finished I would definitely play it.

captainrads

Reaction score
Well, I think its playable right now, just very incomplete. Like I said before, I don't want to get too far into it in case it doesn't take off. So far, it seems as though that's happening since nobody but you and me have posted for weeks.

It might help if I could hack my router so I could host, I just don't know the damn password...but I digress.

Like I said in the first post, I doubt the map will ever be officially finished until I get sick of working on it or my computer blows up(God forbid).

bradleo

Reaction score
For the computer blowing up, get a zip/flash drive. Inexpensive and can hold hundreds of maps. It will never take off at the state it is in just because it is too normal, you haven't put any of your ideas in yet. Once they are in, I will at least host it.

captainrads

Reaction score
Yeah, I actually have a flash drive I'm using right now, so I'm probably good there.

Alright...I think I can mess around with the map a bit, so I'll get to upgrading it a bit, and I will continue to try and hack my router so I can host.

Anyone got any suggestions on terrain? I know how I'm gonna reposition starting locations and such, I just don't know how I want the rest of the map to look. I think the four teams of three thing works well, but I can't seem to visualize how to totally redo it, or even redo it a little bit.

EDIT: Once I finish some upgrading, let me know when you're gonna host it so I can be there.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Well, I actually created a unique and new terrain for another footies-type map of my friend but in the end he stopped on that back (although it is already finished "Genocida").

If you'd like to see it, ask. :)

And Bradleo, why do you keep talking as if you are very important and that this whole map depends on your liking. I'm just saying. :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

bradleo

Reaction score
Sorry then, it was just that I WAS the only one that actually posted, so I kinda had to be the audience. I'm not that important, just giving ideas and if other people post, I will gladly stop posting so much.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
To be frank...

First, let me say that I'm not a big fan of footman frenzy, so I might be biased.

You should probably organize your first post, so it's more appealing. Now, I think your map has potential... but only if it's done well, and you actually should add more skill required, not just add a ton of more units. Right now, it just looks a little bit like the rest of the footman frenzy maps (dont mean to be rude)

Your extra builders idea isn't bad, but you should make it so each building takes up the same squares, and only have a few buildable areas, just to control things.

Now ideas...

Instead of using gold to get your hero items, maybe you should make Hero Points that the items cost (new resource), and you get one per guy you kill and like ten or twenty for each hero you kill. Now, each tiered unit will give more and more hero points, so the best hero items are impossible to get unless your enemies have higher tiers, so everything is balanced out, and it requires skill with the heroes to make a powerful hero.

For Earth, instead of spawning crypt lords, how about rock golems? And for water, water elementals.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.