Eliminating Cast Time

jhnam95

Reaction score
Is it possible to eliminate casting time for point or unit targetting spells like berserk does?

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
Umm..
Hmm..
HMMM...

No idea.
Have you tried setting the values of cast and follow through time to 'zero'?
(Although I am certain that it wouldn't work)

I wonder if a negative cast-time will work O_O

Stringel

Reaction score
change cast point and cast animation for the unit to 0 i guess. I think it will interrupt the units orders anyway. I remember dota got a problem with that concerning some heroes. I think roar or battle roar works the same as berserk

jhnam95

Reaction score
Well yea, the casting time is already 0. It's just that spells like berserk can be spammed 5000000 in a single second assuming you can physically spam that fast without the game crashing or your keyboard being smashed.

SineCosine

Reaction score
change cast point and cast animation for the unit to 0 i guess. I think it will interrupt the units orders anyway. I remember dota got a problem with that concerning some heroes. I think roar or battle roar works the same as berserk

That will work.
But then, it'll break your unit.
Because every single spell will behave that way.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
He means that you can cast the spell while running, and you'll just keep running when it's casted, and you won't stop...

If you cast "Berserk" or "Wind Walk" this happens, but not otherwise...

Well, do do this with all spells, including unit- and point-target ones, maybe you could try doing as Stringel said, and also try messing around with trigger, and the events "A unit Begins casting an ability" and "A unit Starts the effect of an ability" :D

Maybe you can try Pause the unit, order to stop, and unpause :S
Just a suggestion :D

Stringel

Reaction score
That will work.
But then, it'll break your unit.
Because every single spell will behave that way.

maybe you can trigger it to work like it should? I mean spells can probably be solved by cast time and queue spell animation, but attacks I dont know.

edit: attacks can probably be triggered to show the cast backswing etc

SineCosine

Reaction score
Pause the unit, order to stop, and unpause :S

You do not wanna' pause your unit as soon as it start the effect of an ability >.>
I've had many funny scenarios with that.

Kling[o]

Reaction score
well , I think if you use the spell "channel" you can make the casting time to 0 but im not sure.

SineCosine

Reaction score
We've already discussed and concluded that it would not affect the unit's backswing animation.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Healing Salve is the only unit-target ability which doesn't interrupt the unit's current orders as far as I know. I don't think there are any point-target abilities in likeness.

jhnam95

Reaction score
Yea, I know item-based abilities typically don't change the unit's animation.

I actually did the 0 casting animation time for the unit, which worked out pretty well (I don't mind other spells not working out well). Unfortunately, if I try to trigger an attack animation for the unit, it won't work ):

It's not a big deal, but is it solvable?

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't read the thread, but why not just base it on Berserk?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.