• Its just another warcraft 3 map... :rolleyes:

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Escape Jungle Island is a map based on an Island with jungle like features. You and a group of friends (if you have any while your playing) must escape the evil jungle while sticking to one path along the way.

If you leave the path, you will die, just like 95% of other maze/escape maps. However, there is different terrain, or, "paths" you are allowed to touch/walk on.

It includes many "different" features compared to other maze maps I've seen. For example, it has a part where you have to slide down a big mountain and once you reach the bottom, you are teleported (I know that's not original) to the next part of the checkpoint.

Another feature that's probably different to other maze/escape maps is that, it combines trying to escape the place you are in with having to not just dodge enemies and open gates, but having to physically "fight" your way out (It has an arena where you can use some of my own custom abilities :)).

The map also has a "unique" part to it, where you have to dodge rolling boulders that are rushing down a hill. I know that doesn't sound ":eek:" to you, but its more fun than it sounds.

Here is a few pics of the map:

The minimap:
minimap2gt.jpg

The multiboard that shows whose playing, if they're alive and how many lives everyone has:
multiboard9hd.jpg

A screenshot of the environment right at the start of the game:
b4checkpoint13eu.jpg

A screenshot of the environment right at the start of the game continued:
b4checkpoint129qa.jpg

The slide. Half of it anyway:
slide7el.jpg

The boulder hill with no boulders:
boulderhill4lb.jpg

The other half of the boulder hill:
boulderhill28mk.jpg

The boulder hill from a different angle:
boulderhill37cz.jpg

The boulder hill with boulders:
boulderxg9.jpg

More environment:
moreenvironment1cl.jpg

More environment (2):
moreenvironmentjpg22dp.jpg

More environment (3):
53119909ze4.jpg

Don't die!
dontdie3ow.jpg

A place where you have to run and dodge flying projectiles from many catapults:
catapultalley9zz.jpg

Catapult dodging from a long view:
cpalley2bv.jpg

A sliding part:
slidingpart0da.jpg

A sliding part (2):
slidingpart24yj.jpg

More environment:
679644842xl.jpg

The Arena from a high view, with nothing in it:
arena5po.jpg

Well that's all the pics I have for now, as I havn't finished the last part of the map yet. The last part/checkpoint will be a part where players have to fight a boss. Fighting as in, dodging his projectiles, destroying objects so you can get closer to killing him etc, etc..

I'm going to try and make the end part (what I just said) as best I can. I mean actual "game" quality. By this I mean fighting a boss Crash Bandicoot styles sort of.

Here is a picture of the boss I am using:
1125143255ss0140.jpg

I thought he would make a good Jungle Wizard type boss to summon traps and monsters to make it harder to get to him at the end of the game.

I will also make an ending cinematic as well, with my horrible cinematic skills :D .

----------------------------------------
|
| Overview of map completion:
|
| Terrain 93%
| Triggers 94%
| Gameplay 92%
| Overall 95%
----------------------------------------

Please post any comments, or suggestions relating about anything to my map.

Linkoln

Reaction score
I think you should fight the last boss on a mountain with boldours and you have to dogde them while tryin to hit him with them. That would be a neat fight.

Also you should make a sort of "signpost game" where there are like 4 types of signs that mean different directions (like a barrel means left), and theres physical path to follow. (also delete the directions when they go past the point)

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
I like the boulder Idea :D. If I decide to use it, I'll give you +rep. I probably won't actually use boulders though; I'll most likely use fansy projectiles like fire balls, lightning etc, etc.

I also need ideas about things you have to destroy before you can actually get to the boss. I mean, he will still be attacking you, while he is on high ground, whilst you are running around on lower ground trying to destroy certain objects in order to get to the next level of ground.

And once you get to the top, you can start attacking him or something. <=== I need ideas like these.

Thx for replying anyway :)

C

Cookie

Hmm I like the idea... and ive got some ideas for destructibles to get thru to your boss :D

My idea is this: You should have a maze (As in cliffs making paths) up to your boss whilst hes shooting at you. Along each path and ontop of the cliffs you should have Rock Chunks, so you have to destroy each chunk to progress through the path and evntually reach the boss. There will be dead ends etc.. to stump the players and set the rock chunks to 'Placeable on Cliffs' and put them all over the tops of the cliffs aswell, so you cant clearly see the path you have to follow :D

You could even perhaps make it go into 3rd Person modea, to add a nice twist to the maze leading up to the boss... and as you get on higher levels of the maze, the boss shoots faster? or perhaps add boulders going down the path at different times, to make it harder :D

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
WWWWEEEEEEEE~! Slides!

The map looks awesome in the screenshots, is the map testable or enough to be a Beta or Alpha?

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
The map looks awesome in the screenshots, is the map testable or enough to be a Beta or Alpha?
Its testable, yes. I play it lots :). Just one Q: what does Beta/Alpha mean? (lol)

@ Cookie: That sounds like another idea I could use :). ty.

Added poll.

FMAlchemist

Reaction score
for your boss, he could summon these monsters, and u need to lure these monsters into traps, meanwhile the boss is shooting sht everywhere. once u kill the monsters they drop like a spear or sumfink, and u need to like w8 for him to let his guard down, and then u throw the spear and hit him, doing this several times of course. :).
and u could vs him like a few times, after a couple of stages u vs him, but he runs away, and it gradually gets harder :p.

^^, hope my idea helps

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Its testable, yes. I play it lots :). Just one Q: what does Beta/Alpha mean? (lol)

@ Cookie: That sounds like another idea I could use :). ty.

Added poll.

Alpha is.....uh I don't really know but it's a playable map for public or something like that ;).

Beta is a semi completed map and requires a few things, like take this for example:

Tinki3's ORPG Beta 1.0
Tinki3's ORPG Alpha 1.0

Well, I'm going to rate this the max on that poll there :).

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Have you got some ideas about putting a few trap dunes/holes that will cause you to fall into pit? Some may cause harm from the demon's will (Perhaps may try to do some damage or even kill you in a horrible way), some may bring you goods from Elune's fortune (From the good deeds you have done ;)).

K

Kevin

I like it for the sole reason you have lives and extra chances to make up for lag ^_^

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
I like it for the sole reason you have lives and extra chances to make up for lag ^_^
You have no Idea how long it took me to make a good quality lives system.. Ages.

Glad to hear you like it :)

More screenies coming later.

EDIT: Added 2 more sreenies

crystalguard

Reaction score
Alpha is.....uh I don't really know but it's a playable map for public or something like that ;).

Beta is a semi completed map and requires a few things, like take this for example:

Tinki3's ORPG Beta 1.0
Tinki3's ORPG Alpha 1.0

Well, I'm going to rate this the max on that poll there :).

Well Actullty Alpha Testing is much lika Beta but not public,persay...
It's a playable version tested amoung Faimily and/or Friends
But you got Beta Right

And... not to be picky but if you want i have a much better tree model you can use if you want:rolleyes:

But overall the map looks awsome

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Well Actullty Alpha Testing is much lika Beta but not public,persay...
It's a playable version tested amoung Faimily and/or Friends
But you got Beta Right

I know Beta, just Alpha is not what I know very much :p. I never seen many Alpha but a LOT of Beta.

Tinki3 said:
You have no Idea how long it took me to make a good quality lives system.. Ages.

Glad to hear you like it

More screenies coming later.

EDIT: Added 2 more sreenies

The boxes......kinda irritate me :p. You know how to remove them right? But screenshots so far look great. I wonder, when do expect this to be finished?

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
crystalguard:
And... not to be picky but if you want i have a much better tree model you can use if you want
:eek: you do? Could I have it please? :D I'll do the "usual" thing which is, mention you in the credits ;)
crystalguard:
But overall the map looks awsome
Ty. :shades:
crystalguard:
i also have some other nice outdoor doodads and stuff

Lemme know if you want any
Yes please! :D
Thanatos_820: The boxes......kinda irritate me . You know how to remove them right? But screenshots so far look great. I wonder, when do expect this to be finished?
What boxes? I can't give an exact date as to when I will finish it. Probably in about 7-(10 + maybe 2-3 days)

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Oh, that? That only shows in the WE, not in the game ;)

So you're saying you don't know how to remove them in screenshots or in WE?

Okay, if you don't, look here:

1. Open WE
2. Open a Map
3. Go to View and check off Info Display

It works on my maps and should remove those boxes which may block some nice things you don't see until you play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.