• Its just another warcraft 3 map... :rolleyes:

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Only read the first page, because I'm tired, so this may have been clarified. Like others said before, its for family, friends, etc. But, Alpha, as it comes first in the Greek Alphabet, is normaly barley playable, and it is just to test the game engine. Beta, comes second in the Greek Alphabet, and is completly playable and probably done, but there is still room to change things. Beta is normaly used for finding bugs, glitches, etc.

By The Way, I think this is a great map. :) Definatley looks like one I'm going to play over and over again.

I don't really know Alpha maps :p. They're pretty rare to see in public, but Beta is very common. I wonder if anyone has ever made a Gamma Version.

crystalguard

Reaction score
i have seen a Gamma map, but for some reason there wasant thing in the map except terrain, (no triggers,units,creeps, Nothing) but i am not sure wat it was fore:( (Map makeith no since)

Edit

~agine not to be picky but wouldent the catapults from RoC look at lot more like they were made in the jungle, mainly because they look much more "Less Advance and made out of mostly wood where the Destoryer Catapult(TfT) looks more advance and made from wat looks like metel, and where would you find metel in the jungle? But overall i am just saying it would look more relistic with the RoC catuplut model

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
~agine not to be picky but wouldent the catapults from RoC look at lot more like they were made in the jungle, mainly because they look much more "Less Advance and made out of mostly wood where the Destoryer Catapult(TfT) looks more advance and made from wat looks like metel, and where would you find metel in the jungle? But overall i am just saying it would look more relistic with the RoC catuplut model
I am using the RoC catapult? What are you saying? :nuts:

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
You're using TFT Catapults/Demolishers in the screenshots he means.
Oh, true. Well, I think they look fine :rolleyes:.

I might find some custom models I can use later.

In fact, does anyone have/have a link to any custom demolishers/catapults, that look more or less wooden?

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
I don't have a link but have you tried finding any models on the old wc3sear.ch?

There's my suggestion of the day!:eek:

Anyways you got a good map coming on

crystalguard

Reaction score
actuly i dont think it is a maze, it dosent look like it from the screen shoots.

But any way, Tinki, there are no Good looking catapults at Nither Wc3ser.ch , or Wc3campigns.net, there is 1 at Wc3campigns.net and one at Wc3sear.ch but neither are really good.

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
crystalguard:

Escape Jungle Island is a map based on an Island with jungle like features. You and a group of friends (if you have any while your playing) must escape the evil jungle while sticking to one path along the way.

If you leave the path, you will die, just like 95% of other maze/escape maps. However, there is different terrain, or, "paths" you are allowed to touch/walk on.

It includes many "different" features compared to other maze maps I've seen. For example, it has a part where you have to slide down a big mountain and once you reach the bottom, you are teleported (I know that's not original) to the next part of the checkpoint.

Another feature that's probably different to other maze/escape maps is that, it combines trying to escape the place you are in with having to not just dodge enemies and open gates, but having to physically "fight" your way out (It has an arena where you can use some of my own custom abilities :)).

The map also has a "unique" part to it, where you have to dodge rolling boulders that are rushing down a hill. I know that doesn't sound ":eek:" to you, but its more fun than it sounds.

Curuinor

Reaction score
The strangest part about the map is the trees. At least use sunken ruin trees; lordaeron summers are the most overused.

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
The strangest part about the map is the trees. At least use sunken ruin trees; lordaeron summers are the most overused.
Well, does anyone know of any "better" looking trees I can use?

I don't really like the wc3 ones because when they are too big, they become a bit blurry.

Some high resolution jungle trees would be nice :rolleyes:
Oh, i dident bother to read that lol, so i guess it is a maze escape map
Its more of a half maze, half escape combined. So, yes. A "maze escape" map.

crystalguard

Reaction score
what happend to...

what happened to the trees i put in the file on the seccond or third page(i don't rember) those one's look nice.

C

Cookie

hehhe i love the idea and work behind your map! :D

I love all those games like pyramid escape etc... and i like the idea of a semi-mixture pyramid escape/ maze kinda thing :D
haha lol i just realised ive already posted some thoughts etc early on in the thread heheh... but i still like the idea lol

If u need anyhelp just post back and ill help u asap :)

crystalguard

Reaction score
Well, they wouldn't work :rolleyes:

But don't worry anyway; I dl'ed a 110mb doodad package :D all high resolution

yea i know what you mean i wanted that package but, i have Dial up so my estamted time was 5 min. So i desided to go with the smaller package and it only took 87 secconds:D

Plus i love that tree

crystalguard

Reaction score
BUMP

""Why are you looking at me, he told me to do it""
""What! i did not tell you to do anything""
""What are you talking about you said " comeon bump it you know you wanna " ""
"" oh now i rember... i mean What i did not say that:rolleyes: ""

crystalguard

Reaction score
WTF why isant anyone posting??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????did i scare everyone off, if i did i am sorry lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.