Euro 2008

Who will win Euro 2008?

• Total voters

Polak

I am cool.
Reaction score
Euro 2008 has just started recently and I wanted to know your opinions. Please tell me who you think will win and why (Switzerland was not added in the poll because they have no chance to win).
The Euro is the Futbol or soccer name for the European Championships. There are 16 teams participating in this tournament which began in early June and will end on June 29th, 2008. The tournament is being hosted by two countries, Austria and Switzerland. The Euro is considered as good as or even better than the FIFA World Cup which determines the Futbol world champion. The Tournament has lasted since 1960 and is a major sporting event in all of Europe. Much like the FIFA World Cup, the Euro only comes every 4 years giving the champion up to 7,500,000€ and bragging rights.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Some background for those of us that have no idea what you're talking about?

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Sqrage, it's just like the NBA or NFL, but instead of teams in the US, it's european countries.

I'm rooting for France. I'm glad that Italy lost against Netherlands.

Polak

I am cool.
Reaction score
France is quite good, but me being Polish, I have to root for my home team.
Go Poland!

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Gooo.... Oh Ukraine's not there. Well then... Russia's closest so let's go with that.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Can't play Zelda TP cause my family has to watch all the matches <.<

Beside that its pretty random who wins it (greece last time ftw) imo.

Zakyath

Reaction score
I think ger or holland will win. Sweden doesn't have a chance. It's a good team, it's always been, but they're never special in any way

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I don't care who wins, the TV's been rubbing it in our faces that England didn't get to the finals, so I really don't give a crap. That said, I think Germany stand a good chance this time round, and Spain usually perform quite well.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Yeah, go Czech Republic!
Rofl, JK. I like them but they lost to portugal. :(

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
Holland will probably win, as they are doing very well atm. Though I'm Austrian too I'm not going to be optimistic and say Austria will win, they won't. They have to beat Germany.

I live in Austria, Vienna where the final is :D . Unfortunately I didn't get any tickets.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
I hope turkey and Russia win and then Russia wins it all. I was born in Russia. :p

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
russia_flag.png

Russia plays I think on Wednesday. Theyre gunna kick some ass. :thup:

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm for Spain now too, they were my second choice. Its freaking unfair that Russia beat the Netherlands.... And Turkey beat Croatia -.-

Well, Hell is gonna be loose here in Vienna where the Finals are :D

Polak

I am cool.
Reaction score
I thought Netherlands would reach the finals, they started off so good, undefeated in the hardest group.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Shame Croatia went out, they deserved to beat Turkey. Turkey were playing for penalties, and their equaliser came 2 seconds after the extra time finished, but the ref didn't call it. Quite ironic that I would support them really, considering they knocked England out :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.