Evolve

Vacko

Reaction score
Hey ^^
I want a unit to evolve like a kid to an adult, but only that single unit? like in Bug evolution, i want it to cost lumber or gold or something, but can't find it out? do I have to use triggers o_O i tried to search and found one but i didn't understand that one. I want it to be like a skill, so when i got so many gold or lumber I can click that skill and my unit will be an adult ^^

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Create a skill.....(easy task:p)
And make a trigger.....(and that too)
Events
..A unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
..If (ability being cast) equal to "your ability"
..If (triggering player) has gold greater than or equal to 500.
Actions
..Set Gold of (triggering player) to ((Currently gold)-500)
..Create 1 (adult) at (position of (triggering unit)) with default building facing degrees
..Remove (triggering unit) from game

Vacko

Reaction score
Aha ^^ ty!
I will try it out now :3 and btw just a little question >.< what does all the JAZZ and GUI and Newgen means? xD I can't understand all those shorted words xD

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
GUI = Basic scripting language for wc3. GUI stands for Graphical User Interface.

JASS = Advanced scripting language for wc3. JASS stands for Just Another Scripting Source.

NewGen = A short of Jass NewGen Pack. JNGP is basically a better WE. Further explanation in the link.

WE = World Editor.

WC3 = WarCraft 3.

Vacko

Reaction score
Conditons
..If (triggering player) has gold greater than or equal to 500.
Actions
..Set Gold of (triggering player) to ((Currently gold)-500)
..Create 1 (adult) at (position of (triggering unit)) with default building facing degrees
was the ones I couldn't understand >.< i tried but can you tell me in detail or step by step has been very nice ^^

Executor

I see you
Reaction score
GUI = Basic scripting language for wc3. GUI stands for Graphical User Interface.

JASS = Advanced scripting language for wc3. JASS stands for Just Another Scripting Syntax.

=>

JASS = Scripting language of Wc3. [Just Another Scripting Syntax]

GUI = Graphical User Interface which allows users to code in JASS without knowledge about the commands or the syntax.

GUI is in general inefficient in relation to pure JASS (evil-BJ free code).

Native = fastest functions you may use.

BJ = Blizzard JASS; mostly wrappers for Natives so that GUI can convert the GUI commands to JASS. Thats one reason for GUI being more ineffective.

Vacko

Reaction score
Wee it worked fine without all the triggers but.. it doesn't cost anything that because i didn't use them. But then, what did he use? normal or did he use the JAZZ or something? :s

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
> JASS = Advanced scripting language for wc3. JASS stands for Just Another Scripting Source.

Just Another Scripting Syntax.
JASS isn't evil. Neither is GUI. Most people prefer JASS because of it's power.

Vacko

Reaction score
Okay I got the adult to spawn now, but the

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • ..Set Gold of (triggering player) to ((Currently gold)-500)

I can't find a way to get it o_O can someone help me there?
And when i put my mouse over the skill it says it doesn't cost anything, but i need to have 500gold or my kid just die >.< this was way more complicated than I though >.<

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Abilitys usually dont take any gold nor lumber to be cast. However you can make your custom ability alot easier by using the ability "Charge Gold/Lumber" as a base ability.
The ability "Charge Gold/Lumber" is the ONLY ability which, by default, takes gold/lumber to be cast.

Search in the ability editor for standard abilitys -> neutral hostile -> units -> Charge Gold and Lumber. Rawcode is ACfl.

thence you can use an easy trigger like this:
Trigger:
  • GrowUpSammyP
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to MyCustomAbility
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a MyCustomVillager using The old unit&#039;s relative life and mana

MyCustomAbility is the edited copy of the Charge Gold/Lumber ability.

MyCustomVillgaer is the adult form of your child.

Vacko

Reaction score
Abilitys usually dont take any gold nor lumber to be cast. However you can make your custom ability alot easier by using the ability "Charge Gold/Lumber" as a base ability.
The ability "Charge Gold/Lumber" is the ONLY ability which, by default, takes gold/lumber to be cast.

Search in the ability editor for standard abilitys -> neutral hostile -> units -> Charge Gold and Lumber. Rawcode is ACfl.

thence you can use an easy trigger like this:
Trigger:
  • GrowUpSammyP
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to MyCustomAbility
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a MyCustomVillager using The old unit&#039;s relative life and mana

MyCustomAbility is the edited copy of the Charge Gold/Lumber ability.

MyCustomVillgaer is the adult form of your child.

TY! so much! :3 you just made my night easier xD

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
If you want a little more realism, almost as if they are aging then I would use this system.

I doubt you will need the spawning part, but the aging part should work for you.

Attachments

• Spawn V 2.0.w3x
    19.9 KB · Views: 91
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.