Few questions about points and leaks

Argos

Reaction score
I have read tthis post:

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27219&highlight=ugd+point+array

But still help about some things:

1. Exactly what do i write to remove an array point, not as Loop A, but an especific point, for example TempPoint[2]?

2. I must use destroy point in the same trigger where i have created the variable?

3. If i have a Point that I use offen (aka Point_NPC_Name), I must destroy and create it every time I use it, or it isnt needed? (The point is always in the same place)

4. If I use a non permanent floating text, Can I use only lifespan or I must destroy the text after it disapears to prevent leaks?

Thanks

PS: Sorry for my english, but, ey, Spain is different!

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
1. call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint[2]) :thup:

2. Can't say I understand what you mean there :S
You mean that you set a point variable, and then you should destroy it in that trigger?
Then no, it's not needed, but recommended ;)

3. You mean that you use 1 variable to, for example, create several units at that point in one trigger ?
Or you mean that you set a point variable to a point, and then use that point for the entire game ?
I think it's ok anyway :S

Argos

Reaction score
Point_NPC_Name is a point (unit position) that I use for several triggers, but the point is always in the same place (the unit never moves). So i must destroy and create the variable point each time I use it or can I use the same variable without destroy it all time?

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Sure, you can reuse it :D And, it might even be more effecient ;)

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
2. I must use destroy point in the same trigger where i have created the variable?
No. If it's a global variable, as long as the single instance is destroyed before reused, it's good.

Edit: I just realized you answered it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.