Few Questions

Trickster

Reaction score
Hi, i need few things explained...

First, how can I show a picture if unit enters a region, what I want to do is when a wisp enters a region to chose a hero, it will show picture with info of the hero, i'd do the picture in photoshop or some other program, covert to .blp, import the picture and use it in my trigger, BUT it didn't worked as I expected, or I didn't chose the right trigger, here's how I did it and its not working:

Code:
Events:
Unit -A unit enters Chose Rogue <gen>
Conditions:
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Soul
Actions:
Image - Create an image using ReplaceableTextures\Splats\AuraRune9b.blp of size 256.00 at (Center of (Playable map area)) with Z offset 0.00 using image type Indicator
Image - Show (Last created image)

I'm guessing i need to show it with "Image" action, but having an option to chose a region, i'm guessing picture would show ON map, like in Ryoko TD and not over the screen like I wanted to, but I'm sure its possible since I saw it in few maps, on one of scenarios from Blizzard and I saw it on beginning of "Glare Of Vanity ORPG", but it won't work this way, so I need to know which actions to use to show it, and also I tried with my own .blp file that I imported, but it didn't worked either, just like that "AuraRune9b.blp" whatever it is.

EDIT: Also, it should only show picture for player that enters the region.

Next, Is it possible to move a dialog a bit on side, since this picture thing would show on half of the screen and I'd like to place a dialog on other side of screen with "yes" and "no" option, if you want to chose hero, you know, i don't want dialog to be in middle, hiding half of the picture with info of hero.

and third and final thing, how can I make so that..lets say, hero has 5 skills, 4 skills are some offensive, passive, supportive skills, nvm, and 5th skill is the special one, i'd like it when I use it to give same effect as Wind Walk, but not speed up, but slow the hero, also remove the other 4 skills and add different 4 skills, also, this wind walk should be revertable, meaning you won't have to wait for effect to disappear, but you can just click it again and you would return to normal, normal speed, get back 4 skills that you lost when you first activated this wind walk and lose the skills that you've gained. To make it simple, example is rogue from world of warcraft, when you go in stealth, you get new empty action bar to place skills that can only be used while in stealth and when you get out of stealth, action bar changes back to normal and gets your skills, that don't require stealth mode.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Well, I'm going to try and answer those questions (could you put them in a list, it's a little confusing to read them all.)

I'm not sure how to put a picture on the floor (like Ryoko's TD) I guess he created a custom doodad, using a custom model. That's kinda tricky, but I could do it for you if you gave me the pictures.

As far as I know, you can't move dialogs. You can, however, press enter every so often in your game message to make it a little thinner.

If you want win-walk to be de-activatable, you must go to the game constants list (found 3rd from the top in the 'advanced' tab at the top of the window) and scroll down to the bottom, where there's a value called 'Can deactivate windwalk - false,' and you can change that to true. If it's not at the bottom, it's in the sub-category "gameplay."

Hero skill adding/removing is also, I think, undo-able, unless you use JASS coding, which is a lot more complex, and I know nothing about.

Hope something here helps :p

EDIT: BRAINWAVE: To make your rogue stealth hero, I have an idea. Try basing it off Druid of the Claw/Talon morphing, then create two Rogues, and that ability will allow you to switch between them. That way, your two rogues could have different abilities, you can change the speed of the 'stealth' one, and to make him stealthy, simply give the 'stealth' rogue the "permanent invisibility" ability.

Is that clear enough? it seems a bt confusing to me...

Trickster

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to put a picture on the floor (like Ryoko's TD) I guess he created a custom doodad, using a custom model. That's kinda tricky, but I could do it for you if you gave me the pictures.

I didn't want it to be on floor, I said that I'm just guessing that "image" trigger since it has region option, it would show on floor. I just want my picture to show on screen. Any idea?

As far as I know, you can't move dialogs. You can, however, press enter every so often in your game message to make it a little thinner.

If you want win-walk to be de-activatable, you must go to the game constants list (found 3rd from the top in the 'advanced' tab at the top of the window) and scroll down to the bottom, where there's a value called 'Can deactivate windwalk - false,' and you can change that to true. If it's not at the bottom, it's in the sub-category "gameplay."

Hero skill adding/removing is also, I think, undo-able, unless you use JASS coding, which is a lot more complex, and I know nothing about.

Tnx for all the info, that cleared some things for me ^_^

EDIT: BRAINWAVE: To make your rogue stealth hero, I have an idea. Try basing it off Druid of the Claw/Talon morphing, then create two Rogues, and that ability will allow you to switch between them. That way, your two rogues could have different abilities, you can change the speed of the 'stealth' one, and to make him stealthy, simply give the 'stealth' rogue the "permanent invisibility" ability.

This will work perfectly, thanks a lot :)

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
Hi, i need few things explained...

First, how can I show a picture if unit enters a region, what I want to do is when a wisp enters a region to chose a hero, it will show picture with info of the hero, i'd do the picture in photoshop or some other program, covert to .blp, import the picture and use it in my trigger, BUT it didn't worked as I expected, or I didn't chose the right trigger, here's how I did it and its not working:

Code:
Events:
Unit -A unit enters Chose Rogue <gen>
Conditions:
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Soul
Actions:
Image - Create an image using ReplaceableTextures\Splats\AuraRune9b.blp of size 256.00 at (Center of (Playable map area)) with Z offset 0.00 using image type Indicator
Image - Show (Last created image)

I've never done that (and therefore I don't know why it doesn't work), but maybe you could make the picture a fade filter? I don't know how, but I know there's a tutorial here somewhere :rolleyes:

Edit: Oh, and you know that that trigger should create the picture at center of playable map area I guess...

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Like he said, to put pictures up, you'll need custom fade filters, just poke around the tutorial repositories to find out how to do that.

Trickster

Reaction score
Guys, I ran into a problem while making stealth with bear form, i need it so that if rogue attacks while in stealth, he would change back to normal form, how can I do this? :/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.