Final boss suggestions!

aralite

Reaction score
Okay, my map is nearing completion, however i dont have a last boss. some of my bosses teleport people around, put them in cages, evolve, ect. however i want the last boss to be a bitch, but im drawing a blank as to what to make him do. Can anyone out there give me some ideas?
p.s. rep if you give me an idea and i like it, and you show me how to do it

Awlips

Reaction score
theme?

Well...what's the theme of your map, and even better: What would be an appropriate theme for the last boss?

Also, what kind of map is it. Is it set up similar to a team battle experience, with designated healers/damage sponges/etc?

troyboy

Reaction score
How bout this then.

Name - Agrethon.
Model - You choose

Abilities - Earthshake. SHakes the ground dealing heavy damage to nearby units, stunning them for X seconds, then slows them by X% for X seconds.
-Cleaving Attack - Deals X aoe damage each attack.
-Baffling roar - Deals light damage to nearby units, then knocks them back 500 distance.
- Regain - The boss stuns all units near him for 10 seconds, then goes into a deep slumber. THe slumber causes him to gain 25% of his hitpoints over the 10seconds.

Special.
Grow - The more damage this boss takes, the larger it will grow. When it grows, it gains X additional dmg,X additional Armor and increases attack speed.
Near death rage - When the boss falls below 10% hitpoints, it will fall into a deep rage.The rage causes it to gain 20% additional attack damage, and gain lifesteal.

Just an idea. If you dont use it ill probaly make it into a hero for my own map :p

Daicos

Reaction score
Lol he when offline so quite pointless... now we dont get feedback...

I got some abilities for you...

Deathly Stare - (name) stares at a target, slowly the target loses movement speed and attack speed... eventualy when the target is at 0 MS and 0 AS the target starts to lose health... when/ if the target dies, the area around the target is curropted and all enemies who step in it will be slowed and take damage...

Demonic Cry - (name) cries out with such force it shakes the land around him... increasing ally's AS and Damage and decreasing enemies AS and Damage... anyone caught in the quake is slowed and takes a small ammount of damage... 10 seconds after the cry Demonic Meteors fall from the sky in random areas dealing great damage and stunning anyone who is hit...

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Why not a funny boss? Make a giant, tanky abomination with these abilities:

I drink you (channeling)
Shoots a hook at target unit immobilizing it and draining large amount of hp per second. Channel is permanent until the abomination is stunned or killed.

Gas from a**
Abomination releases gas from his bottom silencing and slowing nearby enemies. Units behind the abomination will take damage. Units will also have sight range reduced (because it kills your eyes :nuts:). If someone casts a fire spell, there will be a BIG-BANG

Come to papa
Slows a random enemy by 20%. Abomination starts to run towards the enemy. If he catches him, the unit will suffer 50% of hp loss and will turn into a zombie for x seconds becoming uncontrollable by his owner. It will attack his allies. Zombie has same hp, armor and damage as the original unit.

Who's your daddy? (passive)
Abomination becomes really mad if his hp drops below 40%. Gains 50% movement speed, 50% attack speed and improved spells.

Me wanna eat something (ultimate)
Abomination gains 50% armor and starts to shoot many meat hooks around him. Any unit that gets caught will be pulled towards the abomination dealing massive damage + distance covered in hook (like in pudge wars).

I hope he is bitchy enough

aralite

Reaction score
im here, i went to sleep, no one was responding lol
anyways, troyboy, i like that grow idea, how would you get it to work in trigger form?

and i am sorry, i did fail to leave out some of the map spec's.
its exactly like a warchasers map, 4 unit heros combat a maze of demons, zombies, ect. i currently have about 30 characters to pick from. anyways yea, i recently tried using triggers for bosses like dealing damage to an area, spawning more mobs, moving mobs, then summoning cages on them so they have to kill them. but yea, that grow idea does spark an intrest (its like gruul lol)
anyway keep coming with the good spell idea's guys.
(p.s.) iv never gave a boss big spells becuz i dont know how to force him to cast it, you cant force cast custom spells (to my knowledge)

Dinowc

Reaction score
actually you can... order him to cast the spell you based it from

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
He'll cast the Custom Ability that it was based from, ex:

Just for example said:
You base a custom spell, "Uber Slow", off the WC3 spell "Slow".
If you order the unit to cast "Slow" he will instead cast "Uber Slow".

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Then it'll bugg up. I think. I think it depends on the Order ID:

49401bd9cf2bc.jpg

aralite

Reaction score
huh, well im not much worried about the spells as much as i am what goes on during a fight, ill work on spells when the time arises

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
What about a really annoying ability that every time you attack him you get stunned?

Or when you attack theres a chance you'll get zoomed into a random place on the map.

aralite

Reaction score
lol, funny you say that, i actually have a zombie pit on my map, when you attack the boss you get sent too it and die from the 100+ horde of zombies.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
How does either of those make it annoying/funny :p ?
Stun = you can't kill him.
"Zoomed" = wipe the 'raid'
Zombie Pit = boss impossible and you die :p .

Maybe, chance on hit to get stunned [like Tiny's Craggy Exterior in DotA];
Blinked a minimal distance away [100-600 units away]
And maybe a chance on hit to summon a zombie next to the boss.

Those would be my suggestions for those three 'skills' :) .

Dinowc

Reaction score
an annoying ability would be making the boss have like 500 damage + 100% life steal + 50% evasion + high hp regeneration but with very slow attack and movement speed (slow animation backswing or w/e) :)

so heroes must avoid getting hit or the boss will regain hp very quickly... they would need hours to kill him xD

aralite

Reaction score
yea it was meant as a joke, my friend was testing it and he was like WTF?!
so anyone know how to make that grow trigger?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
You could make an ability like Tiny's grow in DotA, then give it to the boss and when the boss takes so much damage, set the level of the ability to the next level.

Check here for Grow! info.

Daicos

Reaction score
haha make it so that every 5 hits on the boss a zombie is summoned next to your player... when the boss reaches 50% its every 3 hits... 25% every hit... or make it 50% stronger zombie 25% awesome ghoul

aralite

Reaction score
OH, and i just had a brain storm.
okay so heres another thing i have in mind.
I want him to have these 2 columns next to him, one constantly channeling a heal beam, and one a mana beam. i want the players to not be able to attack them right away, but when he gets to a certain %, they become attackable for a breif time. and when he's low (we'll say 25%) he pauses all units, he floats in the air (much like kael'thas in this video at 4:40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI9hzmwx9TY), destroying the 2 columns, thus making him more powerfull and larger (ill try to incorperate the grow skill here) and every hit afterwards makes him larger and stronger untill death.Can anyone help me make this bitch of a trigger or show me how?

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.