First of group vs. ForGroup II

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
About one in a million, which makes them happen nine games out of ten, and the one in ten are those you are playing.

Pleasant to know my calculations were correct.

In programming, programmers often compete with each other - whose code is faster, more optimized and readable.

However, there is a line (somewhere), where the need for speed, need for the best code, turns into a circus, (e.g this thread and the previous one).

What do I suggest?

Don't turn your code into a bizarre-looking thingamajig just because you want to have the fastest and most optimized lines of code.

It's not that important - the people playing your map will not notice whether you are using groups or not, provided they even know what a group is.

P.S

Personally, I haven't had a single failure or bug when using groups.

Thus the fact I will continue using them.

Also, I use the firstofgroup "loop". Why?

Just because I am used to.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> "Frequently Asked ("JASS") Questions" thread, where these ("future")helpful posts are collected?
Who even reads things like that?
Frequently Asked? No, I'm pretty sure my question is unique, definitely deserves a new thread... :rolleyes:

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
Don't turn your code into a bizarre-looking thingamajig just because you want to have the fastest and most optimized lines of code.

It's not that important - the people playing your map will not notice whether you are using groups or not, provided they even know what a group is.

The smartest words I heard in a long time.

Reaction score
>Who even reads things like that?
Well.. I think all do.. at least few of us.. or then I'm the only one..

EDIT://

The thread gets locked soon.. so I prevent spamming by editing this post with a quote from next post =).

>FWIW Most people don't even read the rules.
True :).. some sort of system which forces user to read rules once per day.. or else they couldn't post.. excluding me..

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
FWIW Most people don't even read the rules.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
and those who receive infractions for it...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.