Fixing Special Effects

Cloud_FF

Reaction score
I found a tutorial which shows how to fix special effects, but I immediately saw that this is not applicable when you have more then 1 unit dying during the execution of the trigger:

Code:
 Special effect - Create special effect at (Point) using (Units\Human\Footman\Footman.mdx)
Set (Footman Effect) = (Last Created Special Effect)
Wait 5 seconds
Special effect - Destroy (Footman Effect)

Any ideas how to apply this for more then 1 units at a time. The special effect is played upon unit death. Even if I reduce the Wait 5,00 seconds to less, even 1 it would not work because within this 1 second I can have as much as 4 unit dying and at the end only one will have it's special effect removed properly, since when 1 dies then say 0.1 seconds later another dies the trigger would set the (Footman Effect) to the second unit and this would mean that the first one would retain the effect.

Or maybe I am wrong?

Cloud_FF

Reaction score
Can I ask you to make a full "Actions" code? :} I am kinda not going well with variables. Thanks :D

Cloud_FF

Reaction score
Will try ASAP :)

Edit:

Set effect = (Last created special effect)

"effect" is a variable "Effect Type" right? If it is, it doesn't allow me to do what you've written.

Cloud_FF

Reaction score
lol k :thup:

Now I just have to redo an entire category of triggers :p At least this is the final detail and my map can be released for open beta ^^

Cloud_FF

Reaction score
There is an error somewhere...it says that there is a script error in the Custom Script. The name of the Variable is "Effect"

Edit: The error accrued only in triggers where a unit damages another unit (via an action).

Code:
Next page for code

Cloud_FF

Reaction score
I tried that. The script code is not case sensitive. Doesn't make difference between capital E and small e

Cloud_FF

Reaction score
Code:
As in page 2 for code :P

These are the actions I use and the place where they fail.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
That too, although syntax checker should tell you that :p

He did say that that's where the trigger fails, and his partial trigger shows a UnitDamageTarget function above the local declaring.

Cloud_FF

Reaction score
I'll try it but then why do the other triggers not involving units damaging other are not affected.

Cloud_FF

Reaction score
Yes the problem remains. I made it "effect" and nothing changed.

Code:
Look down

Edit: I changed the position of the custom script code above all but I still get that error.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.