Flash 'nades!

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Ok, I've made a flash 'nade ability based off Silence - basically, it has 11 levels (unit, not hero), which causes all organic units caught in the AoE to have a 90% chance to miss in an attack. I also want it to cause the victim('s) screens to go white, but I am not quite sure how to go about this. Any help?

The problem is, that each level of the ability, causes the duration to increase. This might be a problem.

J

Jarwan

the funny, but very buggy, and very easily broken way would be to make a white area on the map and using triggers force the targets to look at it :p

allrite that maybe werent to smart...but i cant think of anything better :banghead:

S

srv

For the 90% chance to miss you would want a trigger to create dummy units that cast Curse, something like this:

Code:
Event - A unit starts the effect of an ability
Condition - (Ability being cast) equal to Flash Nade (or whatever the name is)
Action - 
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within [B]X [/B]range of (Target POint of ability being cast) matching ((Matching Unit) is an enemy) equal to true and [B](insert other things here such as dead/alive/organic)[/B]
Unit - Create 1 DummyCaster for (Owner of (Triggering Unit) at (Position of (Target point of ability being cast) facing default building facing degrees
Unit - Add FlashNadeBlindEffect to (Last Created Unit)
Unit - Set level of FlashNadeBlindEffect for (Last Created Unit) to (Level of Flash Nade for (Triggering Unit))
Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last Created Unit)
Unit - Order (Last Created Unit) to Undead Banshee - Curse (picked unit)
The FlashNadeBlindEffect needs to have 11 levels which matches with the Flash Nade skill, and the X range is equal to the radius of the spell (use arithmetic if the radius increases per level)

For the White Screen, you can use Cinematics - Advance Filter and use White Mask, but this applies the effect to ALL players...
I have no idea how to limit the effect to certain players only.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Well, for the flashing part, you can use the cinematic fade filters, but yeah, they are for all players. (Atleast in GUI, I think).

Code:
Actions
    Cinematic - Fade out and back in over [COLOR="Red"](1.00 + ((Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit)))) / 2.00))[/COLOR] seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency

Level - Time

1 - 1.5 seconds
2 - 2 seconds
3 - 2.5 seconds

and ect.

c-series

Reaction score
AFAIK ... you can use

Code:
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching ((Owner of ([i]unit that caught in flash[/i])) Equal to (Matching player))) and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions

and use cinematic fade like andrewgosu type earlier... i've tried something likethis before .... and it can "blind" the specified player i'll post the trigger if i still have the maps ...

ok here the codes

Code:
Shadow Flare
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Shadow Flare [Kael]
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 450.00 of (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to False))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathCoil\DeathCoilSpecialArt.mdl
                Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 450.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
        Set ShadowFlare = (All players matching ((Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to (Matching player)))
        Player Group - Pick every player in ShadowFlare and do (Cinematic - Fade out over 1.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency)
        Wait 4.00 seconds
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                PicActivated[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)))] Equal to False
            Then - Actions
                Player Group - Pick every player in ShadowFlare and do (Cinematic - Fade in over 5.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency)
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing

and uhh.. watch out for leaks .... this trigger belong to my old maps ... well i think you got the picture ....

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Thanks very much, I think the last trigger would be good for it.

And by the way, you can set silence to make units miss... o_O

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.