Floating text leaks

Wesulmoon

Reaction score
I have a floating text on unit death... but as I read in emjlr3's "memory leak" tutorial, i saw there is written if a floating text's lifespan it set, than u can remove floating text right away as next trigger (and there says it won't destroy it until lifespan seconds).
I tried so to minimise my memory leaks, but now there all txt is gone.. :D

any other sugestions how to see floating text and to reduce leaks at the same time

also a my trigger:
Trigger:
  • Then - Actions
    • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String((Level of (Dying unit)))) + +) above (Dying unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 15.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
    • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
    • Floating Text - Hide (Last created floating text) for (All players)
    • Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (Player group((Owner of (Killing unit))))
    • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 50.00 towards 90.00 degrees
    • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
    • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
    • Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)
    • Player - Set (Owner of (Killing unit)) Current lumber to (((Owner of (Killing unit)) Current lumber) + (Level of (Dying unit)))

pls help :D

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
It looks like you've got it all pretty good.

Why, are you experience lag problems? It could be from something else.

Wesulmoon

Reaction score
Good Question...
answer: I don't :D
---
no i don't experience any lagg, but i whanna make a game as much leakless as my knowledge gives me ... :D u know, it is like i don't know why... just hate lag maybe if it my happen in later editions from triggered spells...

;)

Wesulmoon

Reaction score
hey, but it doesn't work... floating text does not appear...
---
so if i delete that last thing... (destroy last created floating text) than it works... (but that makes a leak :D)

and no sorry needed u did no harm... :D

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)

I dont think you need this, they dont leak even without this.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yes, floating texts will leak, but not if you somehow save it, and then wait the time you want and delete it...

Or (This is what I suggest) add a lifespan to the floating text, which will do all that automatically ;) (No leaks ! :p)

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Code:
Then - Actions
    Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String((Level of (Dying unit)))) + +) above (Dying unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 15.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
    Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
    Floating Text - Hide (Last created floating text) for (All players)
    [B]Set PlayerGroup1 = (Player group((Owner of (Killing unit))[/B]
    Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for [B]PlayerGroup1[/B]))
    Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 50.00 towards 90.00 degrees
    Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
    Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
    [del]Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)[/del]
    Player - Set (Owner of (Killing unit)) Current lumber to (((Owner of (Killing unit)) Current lumber) + (Level of (Dying unit)))
    Custom script:  call DestroyForce(udg_PlayerGroup1)

A slightly fixed trigger above.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.