formulated damage spell

Dois

Reaction score
hi... How do I creates spells that do like... e.g. (50 + (30 x level of ability being cast))

but like... not using
Code:
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

cuz if its storm bolt or something thats not instant and the projectile is flying towards the enemy, the damage would be dealt straight away right?

its like... im asking how do they make impetus for Enchantress in DotA...

do you use "custom abilities" or "unit - etcetc damage target"

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I don't really know how to make an autocast ability that does that formatulated damage, but I've made a single-cast ability that does formulated damage when it hits the target unit (you can remove the Non target impact trigger if you wish, that's just lets it hit other units along its path)

Oh ye, it's not MUI or MPI

Attachments

• ChaserWorks.w3x
    23.1 KB · Views: 90

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
The way I like to do triggered autocasts is: make an autocast like freezing arrows (something that will leave a buff on the target) and make the duration of that buff 0.5 or so.

Then have a trigger that runs every 0.5 seconds, picks all units with the buff, and damages them accordingly.

Edit: Also, I found a problem with your chaser spell Flare >.< When I killed a peasant with it, "138!" kept popping up over its corpse every half second until I casted the spell again.

Dois

Reaction score
well i was going wth at how many variables you had to use...

so like when they do it in jass and its all in one trigger, does it use the same amount of variables? only that theyre local? or theyre global as well just that theyre declared within the trigger?

I mean... too many variables are bad right? or can the map handle that and it wont lag

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Too many Redudnat Variables are bad, Too many Leaking Variables are bad.

Other than that, Have many as you want. But in the end, Optimising it to use lesser is better.

Dois

Reaction score
so... using JASS, itll use the same amount of variables as having to use GUI right?

Like to make omni slash in JASS/GUI

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yes, almost the same.

But its better using JASS, as you do not need to go throught the Variable Decleartion using Variable Editor, but just typing out. And its easier to manipulate stuff easier in JASS, interms of flexibility. Althought you can have the liberty of doing stuff in GUI, but somethings are easier and better in JASS

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> too many variables are bad right? or can the map handle that and it wont lag

Just for the record, the only "bad" thing about using yet another global variable is the potential loss of readability, as you, sooner or later, run out of names and start to call them Int1, U1 and similar instead of a name that makes sense.

And, why that would lag... no idea where you people get all those weird ideas on lag from...

> using JASS, it'll use the same amount of variables as having to use GUI

Chances are you're going to use even more of them... :p
Without even noticing it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.