Gargoyles , Stone Form

Silver

Reaction score
Hello, for some reason Gargoyles and their Stone Form do not get along.

(Basically, I have several Stone Form Gargoyles in my game. They stay in Stone Form until a certain Cinematic where four Stone Form Gargoyles suddenly turn out to be alive and transform into Gargoyle Form)

Stone Form requires an upgrade (but you can of course pre place Gargoyles already in Stone Form in the editor). They won't, however, morph to Gargoyle Form because the upgrade isn't learned.
So I tried having a trigger learn the upgrade for the Gargoyles' owner. This resulted in every Gargoyle being in Gargoyle Form at the start of the game.
So I tried removing the techtree dependance for the spell Stone Form. This resulted in every Gargoyle being in Gargoyle Form at the start of the game.
So I tried removing the skill from the Gargoyles. This resulted in Stone Form Gargoyles staying in Stone Form when they're supposed to morph.

What to do?

Happy

Reaction score
i hope i got it right.....you want to start a gargoyle in stone form and want to be possible to change them into a gargoyle again....just make a black mask at the beginning for a sec or so and make a trigger that orders them to change to stone form so they start in stone and give the player in the techtree the gargoyle form and the stone form....or just the gargoyle form....just as you like to...

happy

Silver

Reaction score
I was trying that just now, but since there's more than 12 Gargoyles (you can only issue order a maximum of 12 units at a time), it wouldn't work on all. I guess I'll just have to make more regions and make multiple issue orders to get them all.

Ah well, not exactly what I wanted but it'll work.

Whisky

Reaction score
They won't be in stone form since the commanding AI orders them to turn back into normal form.

You can prevent that by giving them to ultimate dumpass AI, neutral passive.

Then just give them to some other computer when needed, and u won't even need to order them to change a form :thup:

Silver

Reaction score
EDIT: Nope that doesn't work, they'll morph anyway.

Also, forcing every Gargoyle to morph to stone form at the begin of the game doesn't seem to work either.

Another EDIT:

Nothing so far has worked. I've even overlooked the RoC Undead Campaign Part 5 . Blizzard created 4 stone form gargoyles at the start of the cinematic, then halfway through they morph out of it.
I've now tried my triggers exactly the same way as they did, but when the stone form gargoyles are created in my game, they are created as gargoyles, not stone form gargoyles...

FINAL EDIT:

I finally got it to work. If someone else has this problem, this is how I fixed it:
In the cinematic that they morph, I changed the owner of the stone form gargoyles to another player, for whom I researched Stone Form. They then automatically morphed to Gargoyle Form, while all other gargoyles in the game are still stone form gargoyle.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.