Give Item to player

S

Sondar

Hi,

Im wondering if anyone can help me. I want an item to be given to my players hero when they come into a short distance away from a villager. Can anyone help me with the triggers because im very new and learning the basics.

rtatpi

Reaction score
i can help you. try this.

event
a unit comes within (distance) of (villager that will give item)

conditons

actions
create (item you want to give) and give to (hero it should be given to) (this will be in the hero category)
turn off (this trigger) [- use this if the item should only be given once]

hope that helps

S

Sondar

Thanks!

Also do you know how to create a villager with an ! above his head? Like in that RoC Human campaign level where you could retrieve gerad's lost ledger.

rtatpi

Reaction score
well, you can do one of two(2) things. One way is on map initialization, use this action

Special Effect - Create special effect on the overhead of (the unit) using model (the model, which, if you picked the correct action, is the exclamation mark by default. yay!)

the other way, is to do this:
make a custom unit (based on peasant or something)

make a custom ability that doesn't do anything (base it off any aura)
then, go to Art-Target Attachment Point 1, and type in overhead. then, on the Art-Target line just above it, click add model (or edit if there is already one there), go to extras, then find the exclamation mark.

Then, give the ability to the custom unit you made, and place the custom unit wherever on your map.

if any of that is unclear just tell me and ill post something that shows it all, like screenshots.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.