Giving Blink to a Tower

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
I tried to make a tower use Blink and it came up with the error 'caster movement has been disabled' or some such.

I realize I can trigger it, but out of curiosity is it possible to make towers blink without triggering?

I think it doesnt work its not a unit you need to make your building a unit yet with building properties or just trigger it;)

I don't think a unit can blink if it can't move (ie. has a movement speed of 0) like a building, so unless your building can move then no, it cannot blink without triggers.

A custom blink spell isn't hard.

Make an ability based off of channel that targets a point.

trigger
event -
a unit starts the effect of an ability

condition -
ability being cast = channel blink

action -
set TempPoint - target point of ability being cast
play animation - blinkcast
unit - move - casting unit to temppoint
play animation - blinkappear
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

You'll get the gist of it, I haven't tested it myself, but it should work. Unless of course 'unit - move' doesn't work with buildings.
But that ability would be MUI, etc.

I am well aware of how to trigger a blink, I just wanted to know whether it was possible to do it without triggers out of curiosity basically.

Thanks anyway :p.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is weird seeing a way more realistic users online number
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Tuesday Night!
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.