Global Warming

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> As far as I know, just a spoon of oil needs 70 bathtub of water to be purified.

Depends if you decide to clean it with water... There are bacterias who eat oil.
You could Google about them or read here.

Reaction score
Yes, there is a natural cycle.
But, what we have here is that the cycle has an "out of order" sign on it. It isn't working as it used to, it's working much faster than it used to.
Most of the heat heating Earth's surface comes from space. The greenhouse effect becomes of great significance here, since it adds a multiplier to the amount of heat comes from space. By adding more greenhouse gases to the atmosphere more and faster than it naturally happens, the human race has increased the amount of greenhouse gases, thus increasing themultiplier of the greenhouse effect, warming Earth faster than it used to.
Out of order, I say.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
The thing is here if you fight against mother nature, she will fight back and she always will win in the long run...
but instead if you work with nature, then it all changes

OH BTw they say all the icecaps will melt in 2020 and sea levels will rise so yeah my house in
Florida will be ocean front soon or underwater so yeah...

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
We are delaying the invetible(sp), it will happen sooner and later, instead of worrying how or why it happened, we should prepare ourselves to survive. Noa's ark anyone?

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
The thing is here if you fight against mother nature, she will fight back and she always will win in the long run...
but instead if you work with nature, then it all changes

OH BTw they say all the icecaps will melt in 20 years and sea levels will rise so yeah my house in
Florida will be ocean front soon or underwater so yeah...

Oh Edit it won't happen in 20 years more like 2020

Noa's ark anyone?

Well on the case of flooding, NYC, most of Florida, Major cities of Japan and China will all anywhere from 5 feet to 25 feet underwater...

But flooding won't be all of it, Major major climate change... Places will be come deserts as the world keeps warming up. So really were looking at droughts, major floods, Super Hurricanes (past Cag. 5), Extreme Weather, and
if that doesn't kill us, a meteor is suppose to hit the world in the next 200 years

esb

Reaction score
lol, there also was supposed to be an earthquake that would separate california, in the year 2000 god was going to come, but we all know we're gonna die on the year 2012, since the Mayan calender ends there.

But on a serious note, I don't believe everything I see/hear. I see that the weather isn't as it used to be, weather forecasts aren't as accurate as before. Instead, why don't we find a way to survive such catastrophes.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
lol, there also was supposed to be an earthquake that would separate california, in the year 2000 god was going to come, but we all know we're gonna die on the year 2012, since the Mayan calender ends there.

But on a serious note, I don't believe everything I see/hear. I see that the weather isn't as it used to be, weather forecasts aren't as accurate as before. Instead, why don't we find a way to survive such catastrophes.

Well its somewhat Global Warming buts its also a little annoying cycle called El Nino
Where Dryer places become Wetter and Wet places become dryer. Snowy places because bare and snow falls elsewhere. All because of alittle warm water current switch in the pacific...

It happened in 1997/1998, 2004/2005 and now 2007/2008 (I think because i remember them saying that)
It happens every 3-7 years or so

This is just an example, even though a cycle saying even the smallest change in the climate can mess up the entire global climate

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
It's only every seven years - it's not that frequent.
I have checked on the NOAA website and Wikipedia

Recent El Niños have occurred in
: 1986-1987, 1991-1992, 1993, 1994, 1997-1998, 2002-2003, 2004-2005 and 2006-2007.

Omg, I happens more then I thought it did

esb

Reaction score
So... lately it's been every year?

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
Global warming is easily fixed with global freezing i.e. what happens when a supper volcano blows up???? The whole earth is covered in dust covering the earth in dust making ice age for another 100 years in that time the Ozone layer is fixed and every thing else goes back to how we found it so really were not doing all that much damage

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Global warming is easily fixed with global freezing i.e. what happens when a supper volcano blows up???? The whole earth is covered in dust covering the earth in dust making ice age for another 100 years in that time the Ozone layer is fixed and every thing else goes back to how we found it so really were not doing all that much damage

Umm sorry but the Global Freezing already happened in this cycle, we have to get threw global warming 1st..
MAking a man made global freezing wouldn't help us much, because all life does come from the Sun
Plants need the sun -> animals eat the plants -> Animals eat other Animals and so on...

So if Global Freezing were to happen no sunlight would be able to penetrate the ozone layer

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
if we had a super volcano blow up and block out the sun.. we would become the next set of dinosaurs for future life to dig up in 200 million years

and it's not that the 2-3º change is going to do much.. the thing is that it's going to keep going and going and going once it's started.. imagine trying to stop a speeding train, it wont happen as soon as you pull the brakes.. what im saying is even if we did try to stop global warming, and turned off all our AC, freezers, cars, and power plants, it would still take a while to stop global warming

Jessi

I'm so green. Like a Machine.
Reaction score
LOL! I was like, "Wtf, I started a thread on global warming?" until I read the comment. Haha.

As for the on-topic. Hum. I still maintain my original point. It's not human caused, but we certainly have an effect on it.

Tbh, I think we could survive a drastic cold time. I feel that our technology is improving / advancing at such a rate that by the time we begin to hit this ice age, we will be able to self-sustain with completely man-made products, and our insulation methods will be such that we will probably be able to set up shelters to live inside. Though, that's all just speculation.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I don't know..

A large portion of the world doesn't have running water, much less a geothermal safe haven getaway beach house.

Possibly though, the richest individuals could survive.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
There is alot of room in Texas. Everyone could fit in Texas probably :) You guys come down here if it gets too cold.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
then i wonder how people survived the last ice age o_O

and there was only like wooden spears..

if they could survive like that then im sure we can :p but i will still consider coming to Texas TH xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.