Global Warming

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>there are also things like super nova shock waves, asteroid collisions, and biological weapons
Read my post? Science invention causes it.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
>>there are also things like super nova shock waves, asteroid collisions, and biological weapons
Read my post? Science invention causes it.

I fail to see how that even makes sense, you label something and thus it is created? :rolleyes:

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>I fail to see how that even makes sense, you label something and thus it is created?
No science, no nuclear, no biological weapons, no produce of carbon monoxide, no pollutions.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
>>I fail to see how that even makes sense, you label something and thus it is created?
No science, no nuclear, no biological weapons, no produce of carbon monoxide, no pollutions.

Fewer pollutions - Besides, humanity isn't the worst of the things you should be worried about.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Humans like to think they have influence on everything even the fate of the world. I don't think we are ending the world, but I do believe we could live more naturally (environmentally safe).

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Here is my opinion of Global Warming with some facts thrown in.

Global Warming is not caused by human beings. We only attribute to the problem . The truth is that global warming has been going on for millions of years. It is a natural cycle that Earth goes through. First it has an "ice age" then the ice melts, sea levels rise, and it gets hotter. Eventually it gets hotter and hotter and we keep going up in temperature until we have a massive storm that will freeze the earth once again. No "visible light rays" will be able to penetrate the thickness of the massive ozone layer. Therefore the temperature will drop dramatically. This will trigger an "ice age" and the cycle will start all over again.

So the truth is that us human beings only add to the problem. We do not create it and we can not stop it.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Well I am tried as an Environmentalist to try to convince people Global Warming is happening...
Even if its not our fault, were just making it worse and also people don't realize what other damages were doing... Were making so much Poisonous gas such as CO2 but cutting down the things that make CO2 into Oxygen (AKA Trees)...

I am not saying that we can't stop global warming but if its out of our control we should at least clean up the world we have.

Not to mention we environmentalist told you guys that problems would occur because of our pollution that we cause, 25 years ago. but no country and most of the public wouldn't listened to us and now your time is running short.

Hero said:
Global Warming is not caused by human beings. We only attribute to the problem . The truth is that global warming has been going on for millions of years. It is a natural cycle that Earth goes through. First it has an "ice age" then the ice melts, sea levels rise, and it gets hotter. Eventually it gets hotter and hotter and we keep going up in temperature until we have a massive storm that will freeze the earth once again. No "visible light rays" will be able to penetrate the thickness of the massive ozone layer. Therefore the temperature will drop dramatically. This will trigger an "ice age" and the cycle will start all over again.

You took most of the words out of my mouth,
Although the problem is, their is no record of this people say...
"You don't think nature has been recording this stuff?" Ice and ground deposits are the most accurate sources of records we have for that time...
The problem is here that the Tempeture may rise far faster and higher because of human interference and really

I say I want No more gasoline just because it cost so much... Why not get an electric car that you charge for one night and you get 240 miles and your only paying dimes and like I said before their is a scientist making a car run on compressed air and soon wll be able to make its own full as its runs

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Even if the huge storm will wipe the world into another ice age, that means pollution on air will be mixed up with the ices! After they melt, can you believe what'll happen to someone who drunk it?

Back to the topic :
Fewer pollutions - Besides, humanity isn't the worst of the things you should be worried about.
Humanity is one of those.
Humans took out underground water --> some ground fell lower. and it MIGHT affect other things
Humans pollute --> We all can see it now.
Humans took natural resources insanely --> Break in food chain and trees are gone.

The problem is we all know that trees make the world cooler so w/o many trees the air will be very dry and so does the forest so they can be lit up easier.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
>Anyways its coming but I won't be around for it xD
Might be true, but if Global Warming is true, your sons will be around, if not, grandsons, and etc.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Why is it that most of those who blame humanity for global warming are ill informed?

Oh Common, the people who saw global warming are winning Noble Peace Prizes and trying to save you from your own laziness.

The people who don't think its true are teenagers smugly blaming science for everything in protected online chat rooms.

Yes, it may be part of a cycle. But just because it is, does not mean it isn't dangerous.

A 5 degree Celsius increase in temperature (whether part of a cycle or not), would flood several cities and melt the ice caps.

And to say humans are not helping global warming along is a lie. The last temperature fall and increase (Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum), which caused the extinction of much undersea life, was 2 degrees Celsius less than what our current global warming is expected to be.z

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
if we want to stop global warming completely, we have to do several things

1) Kill all cows, their farts=bad
2) Destroy every machine/electrical good on the planet
3) Destroy our homes and plant billions of trees in their place
4) Kill every living thing on the planet except for plants, farts=bad
5) Cross our fingers and hope that we survive, oh wait >.>

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Even if the huge storm will wipe the world into another ice age, that means pollution on air will be mixed up with the ices! After they melt, can you believe what'll happen to someone who drunk it?

Back to the topic :
Humanity is one of those.
Humans took out underground water --> some ground fell lower. and it MIGHT affect other things
Humans pollute --> We all can see it now.
Humans took natural resources insanely --> Break in food chain and trees are gone.

The problem is we all know that trees make the world cooler so w/o many trees the air will be very dry and so does the forest so they can be lit up easier.

Actually it's been scientifically proven that water makes things purified. The amount of water that will be there will dilute the pollution to such an extend it will not even matter.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
I don't believes it is humanity that causes Global Warming. Why? We can't cause Global Warming with our bare hands, can we? Science invents in my oppinion of the cause of Global Warming. As I listed above, science // made human lazy and lazier.

Ah, there it is. I figured this answer was bound to come up eventually:

Blame science.

That's like saying video games are bad if someone imitates them, or guns are bad if someone shoots them. All of these are nothing but tools - the ones that use them are the guilty parties. I'm not saying that I agree with your idea, but I am saying that if you truly believe that science caused this, you should notice that science cannot act on its own, and is therefore guilty of nothing. If what you said is true, then humans caused this, not science.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>Blame science.
Negative and Positive value of science is equal, just mentioning the negative side of it currently.

>>If what you said is true, then humans caused this, not science.
In some indirect way of saying, human caused it.

Human invent science, science makes the possible of creating tools, tools that has positive and negative effects are just used back by human.

I believe that natural cycles are there to stop this, ice age.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
there probably isnt any solution to stop the global warming happening until all the nations agree to stop all use of natural gas and natural material e.g. coal is a major pollution in many places since it can produce alot of energy however releasing alot of CO2.
Have you guys watched a DVD from Al Gore? his dvd about globaling warming is really interesting, gives alot of details about how the world changed and many amazing transformation the earth has got into... like how many ice lakes and lakes and stuff from the time of around the 1900's till now it all gone.. nothing but land, then there is this chart that shows you how the earth CO2 level has rise and fall and until this century the CO2 level never went up to around 300million (units for co2 cant remmber) and now not only did it went pass that point but its going in a straight line... upwards
now is that a human cause of not?

Human invent science, science makes the possible of creating tools, tools that has positive and negative effects are just used back by human.

itz not how we create the tools and stuff, itz how we use to POWER it, which means using natural material and creating greenhouse gas

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I personally don't care if you believe in global warming or not. What matters to me is if you're treating the Earth like crap.

And the reason why I don't care if Global Warming is real or not is because if it is real. Then I hope that no one would ever be able to see it happen to the point where the media say it would be. And if you don't see it, then you will argue about it. It's like the moon landing. People say they saw it and they believe it happened. While others didn't actually see them on the moon in person so it was possible that it was staged.

And the movie Al Gore made is good and had facts. But still, if people aren't convinced that Global Warming is true then people will turn blind eyes and deaf ears to it.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Actually it's been scientifically proven that water makes things purified. The amount of water that will be there will dilute the pollution to such an extend it will not even matter.

Nha, then why water pollution becomes one of those crucial problem? It's because the pollution is waay too much to be purified. Especially oil. As far as I know, just a spoon of oil needs 70 bathtub of water to be purified.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
I agree with peoples saying that we humans caused Global Warming.
But we caused it because we had no choice but to cause it.
Global Warming is the 'side-effect' of what we have done.

We need papers --> So we cut trees.
We need quick transportations --> So we made cars.
We need money --> We need resources --> More cutting and exploiting.
etc.

We cannot stop Global Warming completely, we can only lessen the effects (or delaying it) by regrowing forests and jungles, and invent a cleaner energy.

Without trees, we're as good as waiting for extinction.
For example :
Take Jakarta. You cannot see soil anymore, it's cement and concrete everywhere.
And you know what, we're getting flooded heavily every year.

We offended nature, and nature strikes back.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.