Global Warming

Jessi

I'm so green. Like a Machine.
Reaction score
As Stephen Colbert pointed out, global warming is human caused. But the reason we caused it is payback. Earth hits us w/ earthquakes and hurricanes, we're just hitting back.

--Note from SilverHawk--

I created this debate, not Jessi.

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
I actually think that its the world entering its next ice age. ( It is a natural cycle I believe )
Where the world goes into an iceage and out.

Jessi

I'm so green. Like a Machine.
Reaction score
Yes, it is a natural cycle, but we (humans) are changing the way that cycle ... cycles ... dramatically. We're making it go to different extremes, and speeding it up, in many cases.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
But the reason we caused it is payback. Earth hits us w/ earthquakes and hurricanes, we're just hitting back.

... HAHAHAHA! For as much as I do like you, Jessi, that is ridiculous... At least, if you meant it how I perceived it...

How dare the Earth act naturally, after all :rolleyes:

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
We have very, VERY, little to do with Global Warming. It's happened for years, and will continue to happen.

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
Yah although there are many theory's no one has been able to conclusive with out a doubt proved that global warming is caused by humans, so actually the site is providing a good question. But I have to agree it looks a little like a scam to me.

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
One day we will all finally realize that the earth naturally heats and cools itself.

But until then, raging controversy is a good alternative.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
We might have VERY little to do something about it, or have A LOT to do with Global Warming.

As of now, I don't think we can measure it exactly, without bringing Al Gore's random facts.

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
I think that humans are speeding it up but not nearly as fast as nature would.
The earth enters the ice age and exits it and it just continues , scientists or w/e dont tell this to the public and make it seem that we are causing the natural heating of the earth as well ( make it sound more of our faults ) . I think this simply means the next ice age is approaching?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Well, if that was true (hell_knight), it might partially be somewhat reasonable. If they tell the world "Next Ice Age, Coming up", the world would panic, or laugh it off. Then again, if it is true, we should be preparing, and not by switching to hybrid cars.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I think it's human causing this, or maybe speeding it up like hell_knight. But I like thinking that humanity actually can solve this, and slow down/stop the global warming.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
well, the thing with ice age is correct but somehow the temperatur increases way faster then in the past hundred years without that much emmission. Infact I believe we should do something but we don't really have to hurry that much. If it gets warmer certain cold regions get useful.
But the other thing the emmission doesn't only make the earth warmer propably. Maybe it will get unhealthy.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>But I like thinking that humanity actually can solve this
How? Humanity isn't as perfect as you think. Most of the cause of it is people wants to live smooth without any pain.
  • Human made Air-Conditioner that produce CFC that damage the ozone and causes Global Warming.
  • Human burn rubbish because they are too lazy to throw rubbish to the rubbish bin.
  • Human made cars to make them travel further and produce further pollution due to the produce of carbon monoxide.
  • Human wants to live good.

>>If it gets warmer certain cold regions get useful
You want to get the ice melt and floods your house? :p ;)

@Main Topic
I don't believes it is humanity that causes Global Warming. Why? We can't cause Global Warming with our bare hands, can we? Science invents in my oppinion of the cause of Global Warming. As I listed above, science // made human lazy and lazier.

>>Earth hits us w/ earthquakes and hurricanes
It is a natural cause, "earth" don't stand the same place as God, in my mind. Earth are just a pieces of land that let us live out.

>>we're just hitting back.
Why should we? Destroying the earth? The end of humanity?

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
If it gets warmer certain cold regions get useful.
The problem with global warming is that it isn't global warming.
Global warming = Average earth temperature increases and Global destabilisation of the weather. Basically, I may get +4, hurricanes and flooding or -2 and drought or no change at all.

Well, I believe that "global warming" is just a side effect of the real problem and it isn't that important if that side effect will happen or not. Our real problem is present and undeniable: We are dependant on resources that will run out in a few man ages or as soon as one man age. Global warming or not, we have problems.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Glass on high buildings supports global warming. What I fear is, the Ice in the South pole is getting smaller. This means the ice is starting to melt, and this could ended up in raising water level.

So I can't think of another Ice age. It's water age...

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
Why is it that most of those who blame humanity for global warming are ill informed?

Considering methane hydrate, (a natural occurring solid form of water that contains large amounts of methane found in deposits of sediment on the ocean floor) are melting and releasing unbelievable amounts of methane into the atmosphere. This is considered to have caused climate changes throughout earths history.

In addition to that, lets not forget volcanoes, forest fires, and the browned eyed Bessy and you have a naturally occurring powder keg of climate change. It unavoidable, sure the presence of man has sped things up a little, but it was bound to happen sooner or later. We can slow it down sure, but we can't stop it, so personally my vote is to look outwards.. to consider what we are going to do when it happens, instead of investing all of our resources into slowing it down and being caught naked when it does.

There are a handful of other things more terrifying then an ice age or an increase in temperature.
Current predictions place the next magnetic pole reversal in the next 1500 years, If you have no idea what happens during a magnetic pole reversal all you'd be worried about is your old compass, but consider this

In the year of the dinosaur the magnetic poles were 80% stronger than it is now. Possible outcomes at the pinnacle of the transition? we'd be losing our magnetic shell, our atmosphere would thin out. No longer filtered out, deadly cosmic rays would kill most if, not all, living creatures on the surface.

Another alternative? The magnetism becomes disorder and we sprout several poles that cause frequent tsunami's Volcanoes, Earthquakes and super-storms, as well as a great die-off in animal population.

in any scenario things are going to change dramatically.

Im tired so im not going to go into depth but there are also things like super nova shock waves, asteroid collisions, and biological weapons are just a few other things most people don't seem to realize could change our way of life, or end it.

To me it seems like al gore chose a natural disaster to pursue in the hopes that he can inspire a rising of followers to ensure his comfy lifestyle.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
@Wasted Savior
In addition to that, lets not forget volcanoes, forest fires, and the browned eyed Bessy and you have a naturally occurring powder keg of climate change. It unavoidable, sure the presence of man has sped things up a little, but it was bound to happen sooner or later. We can slow it down sure, but we can't stop it, so personally my vote is to look outwards.. to consider what we are going to do when it happens, instead of investing all of our resources into slowing it down and being caught naked when it does.

These mess were human's fault at first. Forest fire happens because humans want to extend their field. After the temperature raises, now forest fire is a common thing to be happened.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
@Wasted Savior

These mess were human's fault at first. Forest fire happens because humans want to extend their field. After the temperature raises, now forest fire is a common thing to be happened.

Humans have absolutely nothing to do with volcanoes, and yes we have increased the cow population, but on average 10% of all gas released from any mammal is methane. as for forest fires? absolutely not, forest fires are natural occuring. The cause of a forest fire is an excess of dry brush due to over-growth and drought. Mankind does not control the weather. Forest fires are a cycle of nature, old dead limbs, dead trees, leaves and any other manner of under-brush prevent new trees and plants from growing, eventually there goes a long time without rain, all of that dries up and eventually something sets on fire, all the under-brush is cleared out and new life is free to grow.

(Sorry if this sounds like a hostile gesture, im merely trying to educate)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.