Gold mine Problem

S

Sat_2k3

Is there a way so that you can build like a town hall right beside a gold mine? cause usually it doesn't let you. This is with TFT editor. and also , it only doesn't let you build close if that bulding has the "return gold" ability, I tried editing but theres nothing there that has to dowith range.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
This is just a stab in the dark, but try going to the 'stats - unit classification' field for the town hall and removing the 'town hall' classification.

edit: nah I don't think that works. I'll try out some other ways of doing it.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm it appears this may not be possible to do. A blizz rep was even surprised that this can't be done with PRE-PLACED units either. Check this out:

Interesting, I didn't realize the game would enforce the "minimum hall to gold mine" distance for preplaced units, but apparently it does.

This is linked to the "return gold" ability, so if you remove that from the town hall unit, it should work (you could probably add it back on via triggers if you wanted, too).

Maybe try out that tip he gave at the end and see what happens.

S

Sat_2k3

Hmmm, damn, but thx for looking into the problem. I was thinknigg of making an open RPG where, when making a town, you build a house to make citizens. then a Work place (the gold mine but in a town building form) so, you get citizens to "work" there by mining the work p[lace, then they'd bring that back to the house and you'd gain gold for thier taxes :D

S

Sat_2k3

oh well, I guess I'll give it a try. and again I appreciate for the help.

M

MrJoeS

There was some sort of gold mining system in a Protect the Guy map, that was different from the usual. I don't remember how it worked but it mihgt give you inspiration. I'm not sure if it's a standard PtG feature or not, but if you want the map I'll post it for you.

You could also so the whole system with triggers, instead of making a mine and a town hall. It would use regions and stuff, I guess, but if wouldn't be too terribly taxing as far as programming goes.

Also, if you want to have a building where the "citizens" can "go to work" and sit in one building earning gold, a modified Burrow would be perfect for you. Trigger-bits exist to handle units being loaded into buildings and such, I think.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.