Good vs. Evil

salem

Reaction score
Description:
Two sides: Good & Evil, fighting an epic battle, similar to an aos (aeon of strife) type of map, only it's a lot more customizable (play it your way).

Good:
They're here to prevent the Evil side from conquering their world, thus they must destroy that which brought their enemies to them, the Dark Portal.

Evil:
Through the Dark Portal, they come to conquer this world, only they have unexpected visitors waiting on the other side.

Setting:
Half the map belongs to the Good side, and the other half to the Evil side. Therefore, the Good side prospers good (green grass, birds, trees...) on its land where the Evil side prospers evil (cracked landscape, lava, bats...) on its land.

Both sides have 9 towers each and a last defence, a "defending hero".
Evil side

Good Side

Whole map

Features:
Units and Heroes start out with no abilities.
Customize your units by giving them abilities.
Customize your hero by giving it abilities.

Balance:
Both sides have exactly the same type of units (same stats only different models). The only thing that will change the tide of battle is the way that the players play the game for they all start out with exactly the same units.

Things like, what abilities you get and at what time, will greatly influence the battle.

All abilities are a straight copy from the melee game with no modifications done. Except for a few that would otherwise ruin the game.

It seems like there's another map carrying the same name, but I assure you, this one is quite different.

On a side note, i strongly recommend watching the tutorial if you're new, or reading the Quest (F9) info. This game is simple but you must understand how it works if you're to fully enjoy it.

Attachments

• (10)Good vs. Evil (v1.2).w3x
    264.5 KB · Views: 183

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Looks very pretty (that sounded homosexual?). Except there should be some kinda transition between good and evil, or like a GIANT portal at the middle of the map that you can walk through. That would be cool, a giant portal!

Linkoln

Reaction score
looks good, i dont play aoe type games so i cant compare it. Looks good tho.

p.s. Pretty is not gay, faaaabulas is gay.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Yeah, but gay guys say beautiful and pretty too. Point is I couldn't just say good it looks really really good lol :p

I

IKilledKEnny

[OFFTOPIC] I'll never understand racists.... [/OFFTOPIC]

Looks really cool, would you upload here alpha / beta test? I would love to try this map. :D

Edit:
Darn, sorry I'm blind you did post it! :)

Once I test it I'll give yaq feedback.

I

IKilledKEnny

Ok I played it a little, it's a nice DotA variation, I like it that you build your own hero but I would suggest making more availabe basic hero types at the start (I saw only 2) as well as making their models differnet (I'll post the trigger if you need PM me). Also towers and units are strong IMO.

Just my 2 cents good job on the map!!

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I don't hate gays, just don't wanna sound like one... :nuts:

I tried hosting but my hosting has gone wacko so i'll test later.

salem

Reaction score
Ok I played it a little, it's a nice DotA variation, I like it that you build your own hero but I would suggest making more availabe basic hero types at the start (I saw only 2) as well as making their models differnet (I'll post the trigger if you need PM me). Also towers and units are strong IMO.

Just my 2 cents good job on the map!!

Thanks for trying the map, your comments are appreciated.

I never really intended for the heroes to be a lot stronger than the units (or the towers), because I'm trying to avoid having all focus on heroes. When I was making the map, I was looking for strategies, strategies that will involve both units and heroes. Think of the heroes as "side kicks".

I know that in most aos/dota type of games you play, the heroes are the main focus of the game, everything is about the heroes. It kinda turns into a hero arena game towards the end; the side with the strongest heroes wins.
In this map, it's the side with the best strategy that wins. And the best strategy will usually equally involve heroes and units.

The reason why there's a limited choice of hero types and models is because I wanted to finish a playable version of the map as soon as possible, and I said to myself, "well, I can always add more hero types and models afterwards" :).

The map offers lots of possibilities, you can work on your hero or you can work on you units, or maybe a bit of both. But know this, a player that works on his units will always beat a player that works on his hero only. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't work on your hero...

This game is very situational, there's no "the best" strategy, it always depends on what the enemy does and how well you counter it.

AngelShade

Reaction score
Srry for this i didn't read all what you say, i am the other map creator of the same name :D realy, if you dont belive me take that map and look , after few weeks i change the name in Angel vs Devils but i abbandon the project cus i didnt have help with nothing. if you could help me its realy cool

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Dude... If you didn't read what he had to say why the fuck did you post that? Names aren't copy righted on Warcraft maps, and the game has NOTHING to do with your map. Good vs Evil is a very broad name that 50 billion people have come up with before.

AngelShade

Reaction score
And i was appologise after that post, if you read it fully, and tell me the other maps that have my map name , from where to dl.
From my part i dont give a S**t about copyrights, coming from me thats a bulls**t so i didnt complain about that , i was just saying that i have a map that is exactly like his.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
So far if he says it's like yours we can assume it's an AoS type map. In his world, DotA AoM AotZ blah blah blah are all the exactly the same. They are all different in big ways! Since AoS style maps are so popular, it's not suprising to see more than one with the name Good vs Evil!

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, With AOS like Naruto War Dota AoM Atoz there are alot of populary but you should name it something like no one would pick like umm.. War of the Worlds lol (CopyRighted) Lol but not really like war of the lands or something but Good Vs. Evil will make someone mad if that name is taking and already online so you might want to consider doing that

P.S. Don't Piss off CopyRights they have lawnyers :(

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I'm a lawyer!

No, I'm not. Who woulda guessed ;)

Anyhow, how about... Light vs Dark! It's like good vs evil, except... No one's used it before since it sucks so bad :(

I unno, good idea to change it as the other guy said though.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
This looks like a DotA look-alike, but can use a few terrain modifications. The Good side looks a bit dull.

salem

Reaction score
ya, I'll be working on the terrain. Did you try the map or just commented on the screenshots?

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Heheh, commented on screenshots, I'll donwload it now :eek:.

EDIT:

Okay, the Tome of Knowledge cost is WAY too low. People will be buying those only since the other tomes cost 150 gold. Make the Tome of Knowledge to 450 gold, making it a equal cost either way.

salem

Reaction score
450g? Claws of attack +12 dmg are 500g. Would you rather pay 450g and have +1 to all stats or pay 50g more and have +12 dmg. I left the tomes prices as they are (default). If the tome of knowledge is 450g, no one will buy it.
From the many times that I've played the map, no problems arose from the pricing of the tomes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.