Grid system?

Malkier

Reaction score
The simplest way would perhaps be just by using alternate tile types, so have maybe a 4x4 square of black marble adjacent to a 4x4 square of white marble (this is using the cityscape tileset) you would end up with something vaguely resembling a game board

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
Depends on how big you need yer grid to be. Prolly the best solution is something like a 2D array. Say you want your grid to be 32x32, then 32 becomes your.. I dunno the term. We'll call it factor.

You use a location (point) array. To get the point that is in row 2, column 26, you would go:

set TEMP_POINT = GridPoints[<Row>*<Factor>+<Column>]

or, for the example:

set TEMP_POINT = GridPoints[2*32+26]

which comes out to:

set TEMP_POINT = GridPoints[90]

From there, if you want to move only to adjacent tiles, just do some math. Tiles to the left or right would be <Base Index> + or -1. Up and down would be <Base Index> + or -<Factor>. Of course, you need to do checks to see if you are on the edge of the grid, which is simple anyway.

EDIT: The Helper, you edited my post down to just one word, so I blame you. Stop trying to frame me.

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
You can also use X , Y and make one black tile the size of say 1 x,y . 0,0 center of board , -10,10 bottom right hand corner , ect.
Say you made a chess game , you wanted to get the location of say the king , get the X , Y of King[PlayerNumber] , and now you know its location and can check if someone has it in check. Pretend you check if there is something diagonal from it , Get the X, Y values and add 1 to both this will get you the space at the top right section of the king . Say there is a bishop unit type there , then you run your check trigger or what not.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.