Healing Wave + Lifebloom-like spell

Winterherz

Reaction score
Can Rejuvenation proc on Healing Wave targets?

Is it possible to proc Rejuvenation on targets that are chain-hit by Healing Wave? Can anyone teach me?

this is my spell description

Casts Chain Heal on 3 targets, healing 2122 HP on all 3 targets, and gives a 50% chance to cast Rejuvenation on chain-targeted units.

Winterherz

Reaction score
What is Life-Bloom?

my spell description: Heals the target for 927 hp over 3 seconds. When Lifebloom completes its duration, the target will be healed for 18% of it's maximum health. Amount of % healed is increased by the caster's intelligence.

Winterherz

Reaction score
What's lifebloom?

it's my healer's custom spell

spell description: Heals the target for 927 hp over 3 seconds. When Lifebloom completes its duration, the target will be healed for 18% of it's maximum health. Amount of % healed is increased by the caster's intelligence.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
So this is Life Bloom, (Heals the target for 927 hp over 3 seconds.)

Winterherz

Reaction score
I have changed my first post to clarify my sentences

Is it possible to proc Rejuvenation on targets that are chain-hit by Healing Wave? Can anyone teach me?

this is my spell description

Casts Healing Wave on 3 targets, healing for 2000 HP, when the Healing Wave effect affects a chain-targeted unit, it gives 50% chance to automatically give Rejuvenation on that unit.

lionheadxO

Reaction score
I believe if you use Healing Wave (chain heal) as the base spell, you are able to make it proc a rejuv, but only if you trigger it for every bounce. I use to play Resto Shaman in WoW so I know what you are talking about. I think this is how you make chain spells.

To trigger it for every bounce your going to have to make the spell multiple times. The main ability that you cast at a target, then make a spell for each bounce. Scale it to how ever less you want it to heal for each bounce. So say you want a healing wave that bounces 3 times. These would be separate spells. You may need variables to track the units if you don't want the chain heal to hit the same targets (i'm not sure how to do this).

Main Chain Heal: 100 heal
1st Bounce: 60 heal
2nd Bounce: 20 heal

You are going to need a dummy for each bounce. The trigger would go something like this I would think.

unit starts the effect of an ability
ability equal to chain heal
create a dummy for triggering player at location of "unit targeted" (I forget the trigger name)
add 1st Bounce to dummy
unit issue order to shadow hunter healing wave... "closest unit in range"
add 2 sec expiration timer to last created unit

ability equal to 1st bounce
create a dummy2 for triggering player at location of triggering unit
add 2nd bounce to the dummy
unit issue order to shadow hunter healing wave... closest unit in range

So this is just to make a triggered chain heal. But now to make it proc. If you want a different rejuv amount per proc you are going to have to make multiple spells of rejuv scaling off how ever much you want it to heal.

To make chance effects its off a integer condition: Random Integer number between 1 and 100, greater or less than (i dont think it matters which you pick) 50. This picks a number over 50 or under 50, so its just math here. if you want 25% then its between 1 and 100 greater than 75 or less than 25.

Unit starts an effect of an ability

random integer between 1 and 100 greater than 50

create a dummy3 for triggering player at position of triggering unit
add rejuv to last created unit
unit issue order to NE druid of the bear to rejuv (target of the ability)
add 2 second experation timer.

Make this trigger for each bounce each with different dummys and remember to change the target of the rejuv for each.

http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=78568
i used this when i first learned how to make spells. then i used glenphir's thread of making peoples spells to learn from to make other spells. You can download other peoples spells to learn how to make other triggered functions like %life, stacking abilities, etc
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139203

Winterherz

Reaction score
I believe if you use Healing Wave (chain heal) as the base spell, you are able to make it proc a rejuv, but only if you trigger it for every bounce. I use to play Resto Shaman in WoW so I know what you are talking about. I think this is how you make chain spells.

To trigger it for every bounce your going to have to make the spell multiple times. The main ability that you cast at a target, then make a spell for each bounce. Scale it to how ever less you want it to heal for each bounce. So say you want a healing wave that bounces 3 times. These would be separate spells. You may need variables to track the units if you don't want the chain heal to hit the same targets (i'm not sure how to do this).

Main Chain Heal: 100 heal
1st Bounce: 60 heal
2nd Bounce: 20 heal

You are going to need a dummy for each bounce. The trigger would go something like this I would think.

create a dummy for triggering player at location of "unit targeted" (I forget the trigger name)
add 1st Bounce to dummy
unit issue order to shadow hunter healing wave... "closest unit in range"

ability equal to 1st bounce
create a dummy2 for triggering player at location of triggering unit
add 2nd bounce to the dummy
unit issue order to shadow hunter healing wave... closest unit in range

So this is just to make a triggered chain heal. But now to make it proc. If you want a different rejuv amount per proc you are going to have to make multiple spells of rejuv scaling off how ever much you want it to heal.

To make chance effects its off a integer condition: Random Integer number between 1 and 100, greater or less than (i dont think it matters which you pick) 50. This picks a number over 50 or under 50, so its just math here. if you want 25% then its between 1 and 100 greater than 75 or less than 25.

Unit starts an effect of an ability

random integer between 1 and 100 greater than 50

create a dummy3 for triggering player at position of triggering unit
add rejuv to last created unit
unit issue order to NE druid of the bear to rejuv (target of the ability)
add 2 second experation timer.

Make this trigger for each bounce each with different dummys and remember to change the target of the rejuv for each.

http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=78568
i used this when i first learned how to make spells. then i used glenphir's thread of making peoples spells to learn from to make other spells. You can download other peoples spells to learn how to make other triggered functions like %life, stacking abilities, etc
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139203

What did you mean 1st bounce and 2nd bounce? is this a healing wave dummy or a channel ability?

lionheadxO

Reaction score
So basically instead of having healing wave actually bounce, you are triggering it to bounce itself by creating a dummy to cast the spell at a unit in range. So this is how it works.

You cast a heal, heals the target, creates a dummy unit at that target that casts a heal on a unit in range of it, and this is repeated as many times as you want it to bounce. You can either have it cast separate spells or the same spell with different levels.

So this gives the impression of a chain heal, but it is actually just 3 separate spells casting heals.

I would suggest using the first link I gave you. It teaches you about dummy units. Its just an invisible unclickable unit that casts whatever you want it to. Like if you want a hero to cast Blizzard without channeling. You have a target ground AoE spell, that you make do absolutely nothing (its just so you can see where you are targeting the blizzard. But you have the trigger create a dummy unit to cast blizzard at the location that you targeted. So instead of you channeling the ability blizzard, the invisible dummy unit is.

Nyrano

Reaction score
So this is Life Bloom, (Heals the target for 927 hp over 3 seconds.)

Some additional information.

Lifebloom is a Druid Restoration spell from World of Warcraft.

It heals the target for x over y seconds, healing it every second. So not with a proc rate of 3 seconds.

At the end it blooms, healing an extra x.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Here dear sir.
Any problems or things i did wrong tell me so i can fix it.
I was sorta blind going into this sorry if its wrong.

kaboo

Reaction score
Code:
[COLOR="Red"]chain heal with procing rejuvenation[/COLOR]

events - unit starts the effect of an ability
conditions - check the ability [COLOR="Blue"]//it should be a single target spell [B][COLOR="Red"]!no chains![/COLOR][/B], e.g. healing wave but with 0[/COLOR] bounces
actions
- set TARGET = targeted unit of ability being cast
- for each integer 1 to [COLOR="Orange"]{number of bounces}[/COLOR] do actions
  - pick (1 random unit from units within 500 range of positon of TARGET) matching conditon (matching unit is in healed_units not equal to true) and (owner of matching unit is an ally of owner of casting unit equal to true)
    - set TARGET = picked unit
    - set life of TARGET = life of TARGET + [COLOR="Orange"]{your desired maths}[/COLOR]
    - if random integer number between 1 and 2 is equal to 2
       - then actions
         - create 1 dummy for owner of casting unit
         - add rejuvenation to last created unit
         - order last created unit to cast rejuvenation on TARGET
         - add expiration timer to last create unit
    - add TARGET to healed_units
-clear healed_units

edit: im too late again :cool:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.