Help--Area Transition

Purplemasks

Reaction score
How exactly does one make a map that allows a transition from one point in that map to another area? I don't mean like stringing maps together like in a campaign, but actually causing a new, smaller area to appear in which a given hero is. I've seen it before, but I can't find any triggers that cause it.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
you have the set the camera like that in the triggers...

for example, if you want after 30 sec; your hero to be moved to top right corner so he can quickly buy items can.. you have to move your hero and the camera to that point in map...

its not complicated at all... look for camera triggers....

you can't make any piece of the map appear or disappear... its all there in the file... just have to use cameras, sfx....

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • teleport trig
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set teleport_unit = (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Move teleport_unit instantly to (Center of Region 001 <gen>)

you mean this?

Purplemasks

Reaction score
Nonono, I know how to do that and have used it multiple times. Since you say what I'm thinking of is impossible (though I swear I've seen it in Life of a Colonist, if anyone's heard of it), I'll just look back in the triggers for what might work similarly to what I had in mind.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
well, if you make a variable for every square of terrain and variable for every doodad in the affected area you could make triggers that changed the terrain and doodads, however, you would have to make about 1000 variables for any reasonably large area.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.