Help me with a skill!

xLinksx

Reaction score
Hey! Posting this question before I go to school. Hope it gets answered when I get back. I'm going to try and make it as specific as possible.

I'm new to the skill(or ability) editing game. I need help on making a skill that when cast, a glave is thrown in an XX range doing damage to all it touches then comes back again and...well... does damage again like a boomerang. Here's the catch. It also causes bleed(DOA) ONLY if the player has added the bleed skill. The description would be like... "Throws his twin sword forward then brings it back dealing damage. Also causes bleed, depending on the level of Sharpened Blades(bleed skill)"

avalya

Reaction score
I think it deals damage both times (or once, but can hit both ways) since seriously, if you throw a sword and it hits someone, he gets pretty wounded, right? I take it that way anyway, as it seems the most obvious.

xLinksx

Reaction score
woot! Thanks neuro! And to all who are wondering...it does damage going AND going back. It's kinda cool. Hehehe....

Neuro...are you making both the bleeding and the boomerang skills? I can still edit them right? lol...dont want them to be imba in my game. I also checked your link. I want it going only forwards and backwards. Not around. Thanks btw dude!

Also thank you to the rest who posted. Opinions are great, and I just love reading your posts!

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Its hard but ill finish it soon so far ive got it moving a little bit, BTW do you only want it dealing a certain amount of damage? and yes you can stilll edit it, and yes im making both the buff is quite hard in order to deal damage

xLinksx

Reaction score
Sorry man. But i appreciate it. :)

Hmm... it does damage going forward and back. It has 4 levels so... maybe it can be like: Level 1: does 40 dmg going back and forth. Level 2: does 60 dmg going back and forth. Level 3: does 80 dmg going back and forth. Level 4: does 120 dmg going back and forth.

Again, thanks for doing this.

avalya

Reaction score
Sorry man. But i appreciate it. :)

Hmm... it does damage going forward and back. It has 4 levels so... maybe it can be like: Level 1: does 40 dmg going back and forth. Level 2: does 60 dmg going back and forth. Level 3: does 80 dmg going back and forth. Level 4: does 120 dmg going back and forth.

Again, thanks for doing this.

Why do people want the highest leveled abilities to be so much better all the time? It's always a greater increase from level 3 to 4 than from level 2 to 3. :p

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
^ Actually your damage scaling is:

20, 20, 20, 40

...so it's not even. The last level is twice as scaled up.

avalya

Reaction score
Yeah, just bugs me all the time, seeing abilities like;

Level 1 - 100 Damage
Level 2 - 150 Damage
Level 3 - 200 Damage
Level 4 - 300 Damage

It's just... wrong. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.