Help me with this trigger please.

pkraktis

Reaction score
I need to make it for 3 witch doctors siphon mana a dummy unit that is inside the statue for the whole game until they die. Can you help make this trigger please.

umm..

E: Map initialization
C:
A: set temp_group = Pick every unit in playable map area of type witch doctor
A: Pick every unit in temp_group and do order picked unit to human bloodmage siphon mana CenterUnit0001

Thats what i came up with.

Oh the witch doctors need the mana siphon ability for it work? How can I give them the Bloodmage version of the spell because I only get the option to give it the neutral hostile.

Just create a custom spell based off the Bloodmage Siphon Ability, uncheck "Hero Ability" and then give it to the Witch Doctors on your map. Alternatively, you could add via trigger using Unit - Add Ability to (Last Created Unit) or your unit on the map.

SPStat
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Unit Group - Add all units of (Units of type Troll Witch Doctor) to tempgroup
Unit Group - Pick every unit in tempgroup and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Human Blood Mage - Siphon Mana AttackToMid 0087 <gen>)

AttackToMid 0087 is a locust unit that can't be seen. I need to make it look like they are channeling to it the whole game. I unchecked hero ability and gave it to witch doctors but this is still not working!

Unit with locust are unable to be targeted. Remove the locust ability. If you don't want them to be seen, try adding the Ghost ability or set their transparency to 0%.

Ok I removed locust from the wisp and gave it Ghost and they are still not siphoning mana from it.

Code:
SPStat
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Add all units of (Units of type Troll Witch Doctor) to tempgroup
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in tempgroup and do (Unit - Add Siphon Mana to (Picked unit))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in tempgroup and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Human Blood Mage - Siphon Mana AttackToMid 0087 <gen>)

No workey :mad:

Are the target units allies of the caster? Siphon Mana drains mana from enemies but transfers mana to allies instead. And I don't think you can transfer mana to units who are at full mana. That could be the problem.

Read it again. I left out something. And... Maybe it's better to just trigger the Mana Siphon effects by creating lightning effects between the caster and the target.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Tuesday Night!
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.