Help needed with advanced spells

Erkki2

Reaction score
There are some things I'd like to know about some spells.

1. Triggered critical strike and evasion: How can i check damage dealt when there's event "unit takes damage" only for specific unit.

2. Autocast trigger spells: In some maps there are spells that add a certain percentage of hero's attributes to attack when the ability is on autocast. How can it be checked if an ability is on autocast or not?

3. Is it possible anyhow to use hero attributes directly in the object editor (e.g. setting field data-damage to "intelligence of casting unit") or do those spells have to be triggered?

4. I have a specific spell I've been unable to make. It's a channelling spell. It damages random 6 units around the casting hero every second (and creates a mana drain lightning effect) for 10 seconds, and adds a percentage of total damage dealt to casting hero's mana. The spell should be MUI.

Any help appreciated.
PS. I only know some basic JASS.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
#1 - Damage Detection Systems
#2 - Unit is issued an order with no target
Trigger:
  • Unit - Order *Your Unit* to Special Sylvanas Windrunner - Activate Cold Arrows
    • Unit - Order *Your Unit* to Special Sylvanas Windrunner - Deactivate Cold Arrows

#3 - They need to be triggered.
Trigger:
  • Set TempInteger = (Strength of (*Your Unit*) (Include bonuses))

#4 - Will look into this.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
1) Evasion is possible with the use of Damage Detection. However, Critical Strike may be difficult. It's hard to detect damage dealt from an attack. However, you can use J4L's Damage to accomplish this.

2) Well, normally people accomplish this by using buff placers. For example, you could use Frost Arrows as the base ability. Use a damage detection system and check if the damaged unit has the buff from your Frost Arrows spell. If it does, deal damage accordingly by triggers and remove the Frost Arrows buff immediately.

3) It's under Actions - Hero. Check that section.

4)You could make a request to my Spell Request Thread if you want to. :D

Erkki2

Reaction score
Is there any other way to detect damage type (magic/physical) than J4L's damage? I'd like to make an ability that adds a percentage to all hero's magical attacks.
edit: and a little off-topic... how can I limit skill points to one per 2 levels? I thought it would be in gameplay constants, but i couldn't find it.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.