Help on a spell im making

LostFlip

Reaction score
I'm making a spell which will heal the target unit and will give him a buff which when enemy come close will get zapped from above by a lightning model i downloaded. the spell is based on holy light(can change.im willing to do it again for this spell). please help me ( i can do triggers)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you could make a custom copy of permanent immolation, change the special effect applied to damaged targets and add this perm immolation inside a hidden spellbook to the target of yer holy light skill.
(holy light, by the way, is a bad base skill because it can only be cast on allied units when their hitpoints are low, but player might want to cast it on allies with full hitpoints to still deal damage to nearly targets.)

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Holy Light also can't target Undead allies, and it can be used on Undead enemies.

Is it a one-time zap, like the first unit that comes nearby gets zapped and then the zap buff goes away, or a Permanant Immolation thing like what was outlined earlier?

LostFlip

Reaction score
you could make a custom copy of permanent immolation, change the special effect applied to damaged targets and add this perm immolation inside a hidden spellbook to the target of yer holy light skill.
(holy light, by the way, is a bad base skill because it can only be cast on allied units when their hitpoints are low, but player might want to cast it on allies with full hitpoints to still deal damage to nearly targets.)

how would i add the permanent immolation inside a hidden spellbook to the target of my holy light skill?

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Lost, You might be able to create a dummy unit with no model, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you might be able to

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
how would i add the permanent immolation inside a hidden spellbook to the target of my holy light skill?

first you need a spellbook (thats an item abiliy, change it to a unit ability)
then you can add spells to this spellbook. (i hope you know about that)

finally there is a function to disable a certain ability for a player. you can disable the spellbook for a player. the spellbook itself will be disabled, the icon will be hidden, the spellbook cannot be opened nor seen.
however all the spells inside the spellbook are still enabled for the player. of course, active abilities inside the spellbook cannot be used because you cannot open the spellbook, BUT passive abilities stay. their effects still work.

this way you can add the permanent immolation to your spellbook, disable for the owner of the target unit and add the spellbook to the targeted unit.
the targeted unit will now have the passive ability permanent immolation but no icon will be shown.

LostFlip

Reaction score
Lost, You might be able to create a dummy unit with no model, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you might be able to
yep, if you could watch "HellFire Laser tutorial" on youtube, i was able to do that with no errors.
first you need a spellbook (thats an item abiliy, change it to a unit ability)
then you can add spells to this spellbook. (i hope you know about that)

finally there is a function to disable a certain ability for a player. you can disable the spellbook for a player. the spellbook itself will be disabled, the icon will be hidden, the spellbook cannot be opened nor seen.
however all the spells inside the spellbook are still enabled for the player. of course, active abilities inside the spellbook cannot be used because you cannot open the spellbook, BUT passive abilities stay. their effects still work.

this way you can add the permanent immolation to your spellbook, disable for the owner of the target unit and add the spellbook to the targeted unit.
the targeted unit will now have the passive ability permanent immolation but no icon will be shown.

thanks alot sir! +1:thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.