[Help - power supply]

Jayezor

Reaction score
Helo guys i got this pc on the side of the road, my mum used the power supply that came with it, the computer was working..

so i asked if i can take it home for my wc3 server and ill get a new power supply and hook it all up,

i wanted too give it ago and boot up with the pc with my own power supply that is in my pc im on now,
i hooked these things up,
4 plugs that are black and yellow (stucktogether)
and the 10 plug thingy that goes into the motherboard, didnt work... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
is my motherboard fried? :D? :eek:

thankss!

my motherboard is gigabyte im not quite sure which model.

Why get a new power supply in the first place, if it was working fine?

You need to connect the 12v plug for the CPU, and the 24 pin plug into the motherboard (main power).

Sata/Ide connectors for hard disks.

Yeh man, i have my original pc for gaming,
i got another crap box for dedicated hosting/server

im gonna buy A power supply for it, it didnt come with one, my mother took it,
so, i tried the power supply that was in MY PC FOR GAMING.
in the dedicated hosting comp, hooked the sata's up for local disk,
and plugged in the plug that has 4 point on it and plug sinto 4 holes, and then the other big plug thats for the motherboard, turned it on, it went silent and i pressed the button.

(no workeys)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.