[Help]Sound Trigger

Red

Reaction score
Need help!

What's the trigger for when a unit cast a spell and play a sound?

TomTTT

Reaction score
Simple trigger.
Event:
Trigger:
  • Unit - A Unit Begins casting an Ability

And if you want it to be a certain Ability you can do
Trigger:
  • (Ability being cast) equal to ABILITY

And then, check the Actions, Sound tab.
Trigger:
  • Sound - Play Sound

To add a sound variable you need to enter the Sound Editor (F5), Import the sound you want and then right-click it and choose use as sound.
Hope it helped!

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I would REALLY recommend to play it as a 3D sound on the target point of ability being cast/position of target unit. Otherwise, just use TomTTT's trigger.

TomTTT

Reaction score
I would REALLY recommend to play it as a 3D sound on the target point of ability being cast/position of target unit. Otherwise, just use TomTTT's trigger.

Ahh yeah forgot about it. Suggested to use a 3D sound or else the sound will be heard all over the map.

Red

Reaction score
Thanks everyone.. But, what if i wants to play 2 sounds? Without both of them to play at the same time?

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.. But, what if i wants to play 2 sounds? Without both of them to play at the same time?
Do you mean one after the other, or do you mean randomly one of the two?

If the second (randomly), save the sounds to two indices of an array (for the example, I will call it SoundArray[]) and then play SoundArray[Math - Random integer from 1 to 2].

TomTTT

Reaction score
If you want it randomly, Weep's said how.
If you want one after another, do a Trigger that when the event you want happens, then actions play Sound you want, and then wait the number of seconds it's played, then play another sound.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.