Help with a hero wars map.

Fulgore

Reaction score
I've been working on my hero wars map for some time now and I know alot about the editor just by experimenting. But back to my map, I am having a hard time with the dueling in my map :banghead: . I want duels to happen every 2 minutes with a hero selected from each side but I don't know how to, so could I get some help here?

P.S. Thanks for reading...

You need a bit more clarity on what exactly has you stuck. This can be done my making a trigger that runs every two minutes that checks available heroes in game and selects two randomly. Have you started a trigger yet?

Well thats the thing I just dont know how to do things like that. I'm not to familiar with time triggers and how to randomly pick a hero from each side to battle. And no I haven't started a trigger for dueling becasue I don't know what to put in for it.

Or look at the hero arena tutorial to your left.

:confused: he asks how to make duels every 2 minutes so you tell him to look at a tutorial that shows how to pick heroes?

the first thing you should do is just get a duel working and then you can worry about how often duels occur. first you should just make a trigger that duels 2 set players (like player 1 and player 2, dont make it random for the first part) i dont know what your regions are or what hero variables (if any) you use or anything like that so i cant tell you exactly how to do it.

make a trigger with no event and no conditions, in the actions you'd probably want to pause every unit. make 2 "point" variables for the position of player 1 hero and player 2 hero. move player 1's hero to the arena, move player 2's hero to the arena, unpause heroes for player 1 and player 2, start a timer (if you want) so people cant just constantly run away from eachother forever.

then you'd need another trigger for when someone dies, make this trigger initially off. in the trigger above don't forget to turn this one on. in this one when player 1 or player 2 hero dies give the winner what ever rewards you want. move player 1 hero back to its original position (the point variable from above) and the same for player 2. then unpause all units and turn this trigger off.

try to get that working first

Im not to good with variables (there real confusing to me) could you some how show me how to do the variables part. (By typing it in)

Thanks for given me a good answer :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.