help with abilitys

kez

Reaction score
alright my last post went a little messed up so ill repost it without pics XD
Im trying to make 2 abilities,1 which is fan of knives,with the DoT of shadow strike on it,and the other is based on black arrow,except with a different summon,and i want it to root enemy's when it hits.

Trigger:
  • dark arrow stun
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Dark arrow
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Entangling Roots to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Position of (Attacked unit))
      • Unit - Add a 10.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Random unit from (Units within 512.00 of (Target point of ability being cast)))

Trigger:
  • fan of knives DoT
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shadow Knives
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Add shadow strike DoT dummy effect to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Warden - Shadow Strike (Random unit from (Units owned by (Random player from (All enemies of (Owner of (Triggering unit))))))

those are the 2 triggers im trying to use to make it work,any help as to why they wont work,and how i can make them work would be appreciated :thup:

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
For the first trigger, you add the ability to a nonexistant unit. Create the dummy, then give him the ability. Also, if your spell is based off of Black Arrow, there isn't a "Target point of ability being cast". There should be a "targetted unit", I think; I never experimented with arrow abilities.

kez

Reaction score
thanks for the help,didnt even notice the order they were in tbh(still not working though=/) >.< any help on the other? XD

Mahrloc

Reaction score
are you sure your dummies have enough mana/your spells don't cost any mana/have enough casting range?

kez

Reaction score
yup i set the mana cost to 0 and gave the dummies 500 mana just incase the mana cost thing messed up

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Well, right now your second trigger picks ANY unit owned by ANY opposing player. If you cast it on Blue's unit your dummy may be ordered to cast on Teal's unit halfway across the map. You want it to cast on a random enemy unit in some range rather than across the entire map.

kez

Reaction score
2nd one now works,but only puts the DoT on 1 unit =/ any idea how i make it effect more units?

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
It's because you pick 1 random unit from the unit group. I assume that you want all enemy units affected by the Fan of Knives to take the damage over time?

You need to use a different method for picking your unit group. More than likely you will need a damage detection system to detect the actual units that are affected by the Fan of Knives.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
A unit casts a spell
Spell equal to Fan of Knives

A unit is in 300.00 range of Warden
Damage them? o_O

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
A unit casts a spell
Spell equal to Fan of Knives

A unit is in 300.00 range of Warden
Damage them? o_O

That would probably work, unless his Fan of Knives has a "max damage amount" set. If that limit is reached and there are still units in the AoE, he will dummy cast the wrong units. Unless of course he doesn't care.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.