Help with absolute darkness spell

CrazyWolf

Reaction score
Hi everyone
What i want to do is all players except the owner of the unit that casts absolute darkness,my spell,to see black masks on their screen.I ve tried this but black mask would appear even in the owner of the casting unit.I need some help.How can i do it?

Code:
Absolute Darkness
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Absolute Darkness 
    Actions
        Set AbsoluteDarknessGroup = (All players matching ((Matching player) Not equal to (Owner of (Casting unit))))
        Player Group - Pick every player in AbsoluteDarknessGroup and do (Cinematic - Fade out over 0.50 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency)
        Wait (2.00 x (Real((Level of Absolute Darkness  for (Casting unit))))) seconds
        Player Group - Pick every player in AbsoluteDarknessGroup and do (Cinematic - Fade in over 0.50 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency)

Thnx for the help.

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
well Fade out is for all players but i think u can make it to a single player using local player...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We are still looking for Jassers"

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
im not sure if that gonna work but u should try it:
Code:
Absolute Darkness
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set AbsoluteDarknessGroup = (All players matching ((Matching player) Not equal to (Owner of (Casting unit))))
        Player Group - Pick every player in AbsoluteDarknessGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop
               Custom script: if (GetLocalPlayer == GetEnumPlayer) then
               Cinematic - Fade out over 0.50 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
               Custom script: endif
            Loop
               Cinematic - Fade in over 0.50 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
this might work i dunno for sure since i never checked if fade filter works with local player

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CrazyWolf

Reaction score
im not sure if that gonna work but u should try it:
Code:
Absolute Darkness
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
            Loop
               Cinematic - Fade out over 0.50 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
            Loop
               Cinematic - Fade in over 0.50 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
this might work i dunno for sure since i never checked if fade filter works with local player

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did what u said and it says: Absolute Darkness trigger was disabled due to errors and it marks your custom scripts.

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
oh right i forgot the () just change this custom script:
Code:
to this:
Code:
Custom script: if (GetLocalPlayer == GetEnumPlayer()) then
i hope that would work...

Edit: oh lol i also forgot the LocalPlayer () anyway Ace was faster :D

CrazyWolf

Reaction score
THANK YOU SO MUCH DOOM ANGEL AND ACEHEART YOU ROCK!
My spell is done and its the best spell i ve ever made :shades:
THANK YOU AGAIN!:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.