Help with TD?

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm making a TD...

But I have a question, is there a certain formula for the Monster's HP/armor? Or do you just randomly put in higher and higher HP? So far all my eqations have been horrible... the 15th round always ends up with like, 2x more HP than is possible.

Any formulas are appreciated.

BTW, I've tried the TD tutorials (both of them) and it didn't help much...

1 more thing, just tell me how many players the formula is for, and how many monsters are created with this formula (i.e. at a time.

V

Vin2Sexy

I am not too sure of any formulas, but I can give you some advice.

What you may want to do is set it so th beggining units have no armor at all, and later units (maybe 10 or 20 rounds later) all the units get a big increase in defence, something that would be noticeable like 20% reduced.

Another thing you could do is lower the attack of all the units and health of all the monsters. Like decrease the health by 50% and the attack by 50% so that you will have a higher health amount to work with at later levels, and the damage should still end up the same if you lower them equally.

I hope this helps you get some type of idea of something to do, and sorry I could not give you any direct formulas. Good luck with your map.

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
I'm not sure about TDs but maybe you can go with x2
every upgrade x2 damage
every level x2 hp

maybe something like that

Ambeco

Reaction score
To make balancing mine really easy, I made a enemy unit (chicken) with 0 armor and 100000hps. when I typed "testwave" it would make 16 of them and run them to the end. As they finished, it would calculate how much hp each was missing, and add them togeather to find the total damage done by my maze. I would kill a wave, build, and then run a testwave, and that tells me how much total hp the next wave should have.

[edit] The amount of hp enemies have differs greatly from map to map, and should be based off your towers. After about 20 levels or so you can use some tricky math to figure out forumlas for the rest, if math is your thing. Enemies in my TD have 6.38LL-31.95L+158.53 HP where L is the level.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
There is no formula.

Balancing is difficult: You have to think ahead of the armor, which influences how resistant is a certain armor type against a certain attack. (Loads of possibilities). Then you have to think ahead of the creeps hit points, the damage and the attack type of the towers. Also, the movement speed and abilities of the units. (The faster a unit is, the less hits it takes == suggested lower armor, slow speed == more hits == higher armor). Also, the Towers' cost. And the gold each creep gives, when dying, so you won't end up with level 10 uber towers at level 5 of 55.

Just to name the basics.

Ambeco

Reaction score
Basically, realistically, best way is trial and error for at least most of it. Sorry. But balancing the towers is even worse. So many possiblities....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.