Exogenesis

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Ghost Strike
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing ((Real((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 2.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Trying to make it so that when I attack a unit under windwalk I will deal bonus agi.
Not workin tho....
some help?

ultimate11

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (attacking unit) has buff == to WindWalk
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (attacking unit) to damage (triggering unit), dealing ((Real((Agility of (attacking unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 2.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Floating Text - Create a floating text that reads ((Real((Agility of (attacking unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 2.00) above (attacking unit) with color (0 ; 0 ;255) and size 10
      • Floating Text - Set velocity to last created text to 60 , 90
      • Floatinf Text - Disable permanence for last created text
      • Floating Text - Change life spam for last created text to 5 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change fadding age to last created text to 4 seconds

This should work great for your purpose.
Sry but is hand written :D

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The problem with your trigger is that your (Triggering unit) is your unit casting Ghost Strike, and there is no (Target unit of ability being cast). What you need is instead of having your Event be Starts the effect of an ability, have it be something that will save the attacker and attacked units such as Unit - a unit Is attacked. (Disclaimer: some people dislike Is attacked and prefer Takes damage because Is attacked will deal the bonus damage before your attacker actually hits. I personally use GUI and couldn't find it, so I'm assuming it requires JASS to use) You then have both your units accessible for your trigger, one as (Attacked unit) and the other as (Attacking unit). To check to see if your attacker has the Ghost Strike buff on him, use the Condition Boolean Comparison - ((Attacking unit) has buff Ghost Strike) Equal to True. After that, all you need to do is damage the unit which your Action seems like it should do fine.

So, it should look something like this:
Trigger:
  • Ghost Strike
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) has buff Wind Walk) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • -------- Deal bonus damage --------

One thing to note though is that if the fade time on Ghost Strike is long enough players can order their unit to attack and cast Ghost Strike right as it's about to hit. This will allow them to deal the bonus damage twice effectively. Just something you might want to know.

EDIT: Darn ninjas, I knew I should've just posted my trigger instead of trying to explain it all :rolleyes:

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
to avoid that you could put a delay on the ability or a cast time

Xan_Kriegor

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by a delay on the ability, but a cast time wouldn't help because to my knowledge the fadetime won't count down while casting the spell. As long as the unit is able to attack while the fadetime is still going this problem will exist.

GFreak45

Reaction score
i meant a cast time so that it wouldnt be able to attack for 2 seconds or something before it got the windwalk ability

have you tried adding the orc burrow ability for 1 second after casted (stops all attacks)

Xan_Kriegor

Reaction score
I tried this in the World Editor, putting a cast time on Wind Walk and it had a pretty unique interaction. If the hero was doing something at the time when WW was pressed (i.e. attacking an enemy) he would continue to do so as normal and WW would activate after the cast time. Thus, as I predicted before adding a cast time does not solve the 'issue.'

I would like to clarify that if Ghost Strike has no fadetime, there is no issue. It will work 100% as intended. If it does have fadetime though, and you see need to get rid of the potential extra bonus damage then add the previously mentioned Orc Burrow ability for the duration of the fadetime and that should work.

GFreak45

Reaction score
add the cast time and disable the unit's attack by giving it the orc burrow ability then remove it when it gets the buff again, giving it time to stop any attack that was already fired and still giving it the desired affect

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.