hero help

Daicos

Reaction score
hello im looking for someone to help with my map... i need hero's... simple... if u would like to help send me a pm and ill answer bak!!! if not just reply here

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
what would you like to be helped on...

this is a World Editor Help Forum..

Daicos

Reaction score
well i suck at creating abilities... so that doesnt help me... i need someone to help me create the heros... cause i will need constant help

or someone that will create for me

personally i want to do it on my own with help... so i learn... so yeah :D i will rep people who help dw

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
the best thing in creating maps/heroes/abilities is to create them on your own, with your own creativity, imagination.... not when someone does it for you...
look at some tutorials, we all did before we learned how to make good heroes/spells
we can give you ideas, but making these ideas for you wouldn't be the same as you would (author of the map wouldn't be you, it would be one of us xd)

if you get stuck somewhere let us know and we will help ;)

Jagan

Reaction score
the best thing in creating maps/heroes/abilities is to create them on your own, with your own creativity, imagination.... not when someone does it for you...
look at some tutorials, we all did before we learned how to make good heroes/spells
we can give you ideas, but making these ideas for you wouldn't be the same as you would (author of the map wouldn't be you, it would be one of us xd)

if you get stuck somewhere let us know and we will help ;)

I second that.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try making them yourself, if you need help you could always post your trigger, and ask why it's not working, or ask for feedback on it.

Getting someone to just make spells for you without you even trying yourself is a bit much. And the little +1 Rep reward is just too much.

Kiddo

Reaction score
Hmm let's see ... you say you need help with heroes and abilities ehh? Let's run through the basics?

A few steps for both:

Hero Creation:
1. Open Object Manager.
2. Once there, you'll see some tabs. For Heroes you need the Units tab. Open it.
3. Go all the way down, and Right-Click Custom Units then do New Custom Unit....
-> Name: The general name you want your Hero to have.
-> Base Unit: The unit you want it to look like/sound like/act like/have the abilities of it. For this step you must select a Hero-type unit. You'll change it later.
-> Click Ok.
-----
4. We have a Custom Unit now .. let's say, based on the Human Blood Mage (I chose this as an example for a ranged spellcaster).
5. Think about what you want to change:
-> Abilities - Hero: If the name doesn't say it all .. well, it's the abilities that Hero can use.
-> Abilities - Normal: Well, that's Inventory. All Heroes have that. (The Blood Mage has an extra ability called "Sphere" .. that's the little sphere that circles his head for what I know). Remove that if you like.
-> Art - Button Position (X) / (Y): If you put this Hero into a Tavern/Building that can sell him, that will be his position. I hope your familiar with the X/Y axis from math. (X is horizontal, Y is vertical)
-> Art - Icon - Game Interface: This is the icon that's going to appear on top-left of your screen when you train him.
-> Art - Icon - Score Screen: This icon is the one that's going to appear on the Score Screen at the end of the game, under Heroes tab.
-> Art Model File: This is the model your Hero uses.

! Now, of course, if you don't want your Hero to look like the Blood Mage, or whatever other base hero you select, you will want to change the Model File and after that change the 2 Icons in order to match your chosen Model File, or to match some Icon you'd like. Just scroll through all of the icons and see what you like and think suits your Hero best.

-> Art - Scaling Value: This is the dimension of your Hero. 1 is the 'normal' size. Anything higher than 1 will increase your Heros size. Anything under 1 will descrease it. It has no impact on anything except graphics/view.
-> Art - Selection Scale: Easy way: The little green circle that appears when you select him. :) Play with this to see what it does.
-> Art - Team Color: Match Owning Player unless you want a custom color.
-> Art - Tinting Color 1/2/3: The amount of Red/Green/Blue your color has. (by combining these 3 colors you can get any possible color that you can imagine)

-> Combat - Acquisition Range: The range from which your unit will enter combat/engage an enemy.
-> Combat - Armor type: The armor type your Hero uses. Ethereal, Flesh, Wood, Metal, Stone.
-> Combat - Area of Effect: Splash damage? This is how you can change the values of the damage inflicted to the adiacent units. Full/Med/Small: Play with those values, and see what you get. (By testing it of course)
-> Combat - Attack type: Like defense, attack type will do different amounts of damage on various armor types.
-> Combat - Cooldown Time: The cooldown your attack has.
-> Combat - Damage base: Most of the Heroes start with 0 damage base. Dmg base is a value that increases your min/max dmg by the chosen value.
-> Combat - Projectile Arc: The arc your missile will have while travelling through the air to reach your target. The higher the value, the bigger the arc gets.
-> Combat - Projectile Art: The model your missile uses. It's the looks it has.
-> Combat - Projectile Speed: Says it all. The higher the number, the faster the missile.
-> Combat - Range: The range the attack has. The higher the number, the further it goes. :)
-> Combat - Defense base: Starting armor.
-> Combat - Defense type: Different types of defense take enhanced or reduced damage from different types of attacks.
-> Combat - Targeted as: If he's not flying ... leave "Ground".

-> Editor: These lines are pretty obvious aren't they?

-> Movement: Like above. Pretty obvious?

-> Pathing - Collision Size: Well .. depending on the unit size, you might want to change this. I don't think people like a huge unit passing through small gaps ehh?

-> Sound - Unit sound set: The sounds it makes when clicked on, when he attacks, when he dies.

-> Stats: Most of them are obvious, for the less obvious:
-> Stats - Formation Rank: When you select a group of units, the rank he'll have in that group. 1 means first, 2 means second etc.
-> Stats - Gold Bounty: The amount of gold the killer gets. :)
-> Stats - Level: I put 1 here for all my heroes. It determines the amount of xp you receive when you kill this particular unit, based on Game Constants.
-> Stats - Stock: Maximum/Replenish/Delay. If he's sold by a tavern, M = the amount maximum available. Replenish = after he's sold out, the interval determines the time it takes for it to be available again. (in seconds) Delay = from the start of the game, the time it takes for it to be available for the first time. (in seconds)

-> Techtree - Requierments: Just delete these values if it has any.

-> Text: Pretty obvious ehh? Names, Tooltips when you buy, revive etc.

Does it pretty much sum all what you need to know as basics to make a Hero? I hope it does .. :p

Now that you've made a 'sketch' of your future Hero, you might want to create some abilities for him right? Custom or not, we'll see how they're made. Just go to the next spoiler.

Creating Abilities:
I believe we're at Step 6 right?

6. Abilities. From the Unit tab of the Object Editor, let's move to Abilities. Same as units, you'll see a nice long list of abilities on your left side. Now this should be a little tricky, not as easy as custom units.
7. Same start: Custom Abilities all the way down, Right-Click > New Custom Ability ...
8. Of course, we need to give it a name. :)(changeable later in the editor, but if you're certain what your ability will do, just give it a proper name)
9. After a name was chosen, we/you need to chose the Base Ability that will be the pattern/template for our ability. But in order to do this, you quite have to know what that ability does, because the field values will differ from ability to ability. Let's say we pick Attribute Bonus (most RPG's have that, Hero Defense maps aswell).
10. Let's see what the lines do shall we?
-> Art - Button Position - Normal X/Y: This will be the position of the button/icon after you've learned it. Same rules apply for X/Y coordinates. Check the image below if you're not sure.

(X,Y)
-> Art - Button Position - Research: The position in the spellbook (you know, the little red + sign.
-> Art - Icon: D'oh! Obvious isn't it? :)

-> Stats: Hero/Item ability depending on who or what is going to use the ability.
-> Stats - Levels: The amount of trainable levels it has. The higher the Hero possible level, the higher the ability levels should be.
-> Techtree - Requirements: Obvious answer. Change it if you want that ability to be dependent on anything from buildings to levels.
-> Text - Name: See? Now you can change the name given at start if you decided to make it do something else, or you just didn't like the name.
-> Text - Tooltip - Learn: The message it shows when you hover your mouse over the Research Button in your Spellbook.
-> Text - Tooltip - Learn - Extended: The details the ability has. Change it to give a little details for your spell.
-> Level Data: Well, you can figure this out on your own.
-> Level n - Text - Tooltip - Normal: Tooltip after you've researched.
-> Level n - Text - Tooltip - Normal - Extended: Extended tooltip after researched.

So, basic lines walkthrough.

Adding abilities to the hero:
Go back to the Units tab. Select your Custom Unit. Second line says "Abilities - Hero:" .. Double-Click it. You can add a maximum of 5 abilities per spellbook. Choose "Add" or "Edit" and add your ability.

Save > Test > if it doesn't work ... you messed up something. :p

Do remember, this is the Attribute Bonus template .. other templates may and will be different, but some lines are easily understandable. Even more, other abilities may/will use buffs aswell. That's another story, I can cover that up in a PM if you need, so don't be afraid to PM me. :)

Did I sum it up in 10 Steps? I hope so. Also ... if I missed anything, no need to flame me, I was in a hurry, and I can edit it. :p

I know I chose a pretty easy ability to change and edit, but if you need something, just PM me and I'll explain/help.

Cheers,
Kiddo.

Daicos

Reaction score
geez didnt think id get so much of a response... from everyone... and Kiddo... good work but i no how to do all that... that is simple... im talking about triggers!

yeah guesse u guys are right... im just a lazy ass... hehe...

well here is what i will be working on...

Warrior Axe -
Charge
Battle Cry
Hamstring
Cleave
Finishing Blow

Warrior Sword
Threatening Cry (like Demoralizing Shout)
Wound
Defensive Stance
Hamstring
Whirlwind

Those are what im hoping to work on first... going to take some time

Kiddo

Reaction score
geez didnt think id get so much of a response... from everyone... and Kiddo... good work but i no how to do all that... that is simple... im talking about triggers!

yeah guesse u guys are right... im just a lazy ass... hehe...

well here is what i will be working on...

Warrior Axe -
Charge
Battle Cry
Hamstring
Cleave
Finishing Blow

Warrior Sword
Threatening Cry (like Demoralizing Shout)
Wound
Defensive Stance
Hamstring
Whirlwind

Those are what im hoping to work on first... going to take some time

Well, if you'd point out what each of those abilities would do ... we could give you some advice. :p

Or ... are those 2 items that have 5 abilities each?

Kiddo.

Daicos

Reaction score
ok well two of the abilities are easy... Battle Cry and Threatening Cry those are easy... and Charge someone has done for me so thats 3 out of the way

Cleave is semi easy... might need some help... anyway here is wat they do for the Axe Warrior

Battle Cry - Gives ally's extra attack and courage in battle.
Charge - The Warrior charges towards an enemy and when it reaches it, the
warrior slams down dealing AoE damage and stunning others
around him.
Hamstring - Maims the target reducing its movement speed by 50% for
5/10/15/20/25/etc... seconds.
Cleave - The Warrior hits the target with extra force dealing more damage.
Finishing Blow - This move can only be used when the target's health is
lower than 20%. It deals a large ammount of damage
meant to finish the target

I am trying a few but yeah help appreciated

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.