Hero HP Problem/Glitch

Pritrostell

Reaction score
SOLVED

In the code for the cinematic, I had set the letterbox to turn off without fade (instant). Doing this bugged it so that the display at the bottom would only update when forced to (IE changing selections or opening menus). Changing the fade out to 1.00 seconds fixed it.

Hey all, I am making a "test" rpg mini-map just to see what I can do. I am following a tutorial atm so it might look familiar, and I will post it later when it is finished for feedback.

Anyways, whenever i attack something with my hero, the creeps health goes down normally but my hero doesn't lose health until AFTER the creep is killed. Once it dies, i lose a large sum of health, presumably the total from the fight.

I noticed that if i fight alot of things at once and take alot of damage, it goes down about once every 2 seconds or so.

Any ideas on the problem and/or fix? Help appreciated +rep :)

EDIT:

I just noticed that if i de-select my hero during a fight, then re-select him, it corrects the hp from the damage before selection. I have a trigger selecting the hero after creation automatically for the player, could this be affecting it?. Also will post all triggers, only 2 anyways...

Trigger:
  • Cinematic
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Turn subtitle display override On
      • Cinematic - Turn on letterbox mode (hide interface) for (All players): fade out over 0.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Clear the screen of text messages for (All players)
      • Camera - Apply cine 1 start <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order Villager (Female) 0001 <gen> to Move To (Center of Cine 1 woman walk <gen>)
      • Cinematic - Fade in over 2.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Camera - Apply Cine 1 end <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 10.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from No unit named <Empty String>: Play No sound and display The legend begins i.... Modify duration: Add 10.00 seconds and Wait
      • Unit - Order Villager (Female) 0001 <gen> to Move To (Center of Cine 1 woman walk 2 <gen>)
      • Wait 8.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Fade out over 2.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Enable user control for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Turn subtitle display override Off
      • Cinematic - Turn off letterbox mode (show interface) for (All players): fade in over 0.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Clear the screen of text messages for (All players)
      • Camera - Apply Cine 1 end lock range <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Mountain King for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Hero Place <gen>) facing 0.00 degrees
      • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to (Last created unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
      • Selection - Select (Last created unit) for Player 1 (Red)
      • Unit - Order Swordsman 0006 <gen> to Hold Position
      • Unit - Order Swordsman 0007 <gen> to Hold Position
      • Cinematic - Fade in over 2.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency

Trigger:
  • Neutral Dying
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Bandit
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 25.00 seconds
          • Unit - Create 1 Bandit for Neutral Hostile at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Brigand
            • Then - Actions
              • Wait 25.00 seconds
              • Unit - Create 1 Brigand for Neutral Hostile at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Beginner
                • Then - Actions
                  • Wait 10.00 seconds
                  • Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at (Center of Hospital <gen>), Hide revival graphics
                  • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Villager (Female) 0000 <gen> named Head Nurse: Play No sound and display Your lucky the capt.... Modify duration: Add 6.00 seconds and Wait
                • Else - Actions

Pritrostell

Reaction score
i know, i figured i'd post them just incase i'd done something wrong... which leaves the problem of my glitchy hp

I've never had this happen before despite the several amounts of custom units and maps i've made and messed around with. It's quite irritating to have 600hp for a 6 second fight, then all of a sudden the creep dies and you're left with only 480 hp out of no where (made up amount, not that it matters)

any ideas?

Pritrostell

Reaction score
Bump and update

I've just noticed that it's not just my hero that does this...

If i engage a creep in battle, and then select the creep, their hp bar above their heads goes down but the numbers underneath their picture do not.

Apparently i'm having a selection bug issue, has this ever happened to anyone before. If so, how did you fix it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.